Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Michael in Phoenix||
My wife's the gazpacho maker in our house. It is excellent, and it has a darker color...
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #29835 at 3:58 pm on Sep 4, 2017
I'd don't know what Gretchen is talking about, as I don't see any bouillon in your recipe, just canned consommé, and I think you recipe sounds delicious as written.
Our recipe calls for the consommé as well. And we do use a large can of Campbell's Tomato Juice.
The recipe calls for 3 cups (24 oz.) of beef consommé and you added 10.5 ounces. Half of 3 cups is 12 ounces, so as far as cutting the recipe in half, you were only 1.5 ounces short here. Then you added an extra cup of tomato juice to bring that total to 3 cups, right?
It doesn't make sense to me either. If you cut the recipe in half before you added the extra tomato juice, it should have looked exactly like it usually does, assuming all ingredients were halved. The missing 1.5 ounces of consommé shouldn't have mattered all that much, in my opinion.
Did you notice the color difference in the blender, or did you pour it into a bowl? Could the acid in the tomatoes, lemon juice and vinegar have reacted with the container? Just a thought.
Otherwise, it's a mystery, along the lines of why Gretchen posts criticism instead of something helpful.
Human liberty is about courage, dignity, eternal truths, and personal responsibility. Star Parker
Other messages in this thread:
- 29835. Mystefied--thought I'd ask the experts! Gazpacho question - MoNJ - 8:52pm on 09/03/17 (41)
- I think gazpacho is tomatoes, not beef bouillion [NT] - Charley - 12:53am on 09/04/17
- That was not helpful. Here are some things that might be the reason. - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:00pm on 09/04/17
- Great ideas, Cathy. Another thought, Mo, what type of fresh tomatoes - Pat-NoCal - 7:23pm on 09/04/17
- Excellent advice and might I add... - Richard in Cincy - 11:36pm on 09/04/17
- I appreciate the helpful suggestions from all. Here are the answers to the questions - MoNJ - 1:09pm on 09/05/17
- Some things are just destined to be mysteries. This might be one of those things. And yes, ... - Michael in Phoenix - 4:56pm on 09/05/17
- This is silly. If she can't be banned again can't be shunned with no comments? - Janet in NC - 2:58am on 09/06/17
- Wow. Right on the nose, Michael. I couldn't have stated it any better. - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:48am on 09/06/17
- When Epi killed Gail's Swap and we migrated to Finer Kitchens with Mimi, our dear charlie said it... - Michael in Phoenix - 3:16pm on 09/06/17
- we have several active members on the Swap with Moderator priviliges - pmassell_93 - 4:06pm on 09/06/17
- I'm happy to participate. We (you and I) have had a discussion about this privately... - Michael in Phoenix - 5:22pm on 09/06/17
- Yes, I responded to Deb and addressed this very question [NT] - Janet in NC - 2:18am on 09/07/17
- thanks for your feedback! - pmassell_93 - 7:46pm on 09/07/17
- Seriously? You weren't a member at Epi? No offense, >>> - Michael in Sarasota - 9:30pm on 09/08/17
- I have such a hard time keeping track of people and when they come and go.... - Richard in Cincy - 2:53am on 09/11/17
- I would agree. Watching the friendships flourish here has been a great blessing. - Michael in Phoenix - 11:47am on 09/11/17
- OK I've added this to the TODO list. - pmassell_93 - 5:17pm on 09/11/17
- To address the question asked about the color - - LisainLA - 3:50am on 09/04/17
- My wife's the gazpacho maker in our house. It is excellent, and it has a darker color... - Michael in Phoenix - 3:58pm on 09/04/17
- consomme is canned bouillion with gelatin, I believe. [NT] - Charley - 4:00pm on 09/04/17
- Oy. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 4:39pm on 09/04/17
- How is this relevant to the question that Mo asked about the color? Not clear how it relates. [NT] - LisainLA - 5:47pm on 09/04/17
- My point exactly. Rather than offer an answer, the recipe itself was criticized. - Michael in Phoenix - 6:15pm on 09/04/17
- Which is a big reason why so many great cooks have left this site. - CathyZ from Kauai - 7:00pm on 09/04/17
- Yes. - Michael in Phoenix - 7:08pm on 09/04/17
- Why would you keep coming to a site where you have been previously banned and are not wanted? [NT] - Janet in NC - 8:39pm on 09/04/17
- Good question. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 10:04pm on 09/04/17
- Let's see Gretchen, Dillward, Charley...I cannot keep up.... - Richard in Cincy - 11:29pm on 09/04/17
- This Charley is Gretchen, et al? Sybil only had 16 personalities!!! [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 9:34pm on 09/08/17
- Yes. Same here. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 7:16pm on 09/04/17
- I have to say I don't visit as often as I used to... - Richard in Cincy - 11:38pm on 09/04/17
- Richard, I wonder about the complex recipes you seek. I know with myself, as I get older - KarenNoCA - 12:01am on 09/05/17
- Karen I visit many food groups these days... - Richard in Cincy - 2:07am on 09/05/17
- Like I said in another posting, you are an amazing person and have such passion - KarenNoCA - 2:23pm on 09/05/17
- I make this recipe every year. LOVE it! The consume does bring on a darker color, but - barb_b - 8:35pm on 09/04/17
- OMG, thanks for the reminder about this lovely soup! I have not made it this year - KarenNoCA - 9:13pm on 09/04/17
- Mo I'm wondering about the vinegar as others have suggested... - Richard in Cincy - 11:32pm on 09/04/17
- I use a Cab vinegar in my Gazpacho. In fact I just made it up for dinner tomorrow - KarenNoCA - 11:47pm on 09/04/17
- I've been craving a gazpacho all summer I haven't gotten around to it. Going to try this one asap! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 3:11am on 09/05/17