Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Thoughts on this rec: Mango Chutney posted by Durward. I was thinking of using the rec for peaches
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #29902 at 5:46 pm on Oct 6, 2017
Thoughts on why the fruit is brined overnight? I am new to making chutney. I would think that it would make the peaches turn to mush. Is that the intent?
Appreciate your thoughts! I have quite a few peaches to figure out how to use!
Other messages in this thread:
- 29902. Thoughts on this rec: Mango Chutney posted by Durward. I was thinking of using the rec for peaches [LINK] - barb_b - 5:46pm on 10/06/17 (6)
- Not sure about fruit, but veggies that are soaked in salt - judy-mass - 6:50pm on 10/06/17
- That's the answer. This is a really good reliable recipe. [NT] - Charley - 7:13pm on 10/06/17
- Thank you both very much! Learn something new every day! Off to cut up my peaches! [NT] - barb_b - 7:32pm on 10/06/17
- Thoughts on peeling the peaches? I have seen recipes that specify peel, and others say not to. TIA [NT] - barb_b - 7:43pm on 10/06/17
- For chutney I always peel. And for jams also usually unless I use the recipe in - Charley - 8:57pm on 10/06/17
- Thanks! I did peel, and will use your insight next, with when I use my pears. Much Appreciated [NT] - barb_b - 3:49pm on 10/07/17