Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Take a look at the Lexington slaw I posted above. It's the real deal.
Joined: Aug 15, 2007
Posted to Thread #29949 at 5:03 pm on Nov 8, 2017
That does seem to be a lot of sugar compared to other Lexington recipes. Probably a good idea to cut down on it.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29949. Pulled Pork Butt with Vinegar & Red Slaw - Traca - 6:59pm on 11/06/17 (17)
- That's Carolina BBQ! I would make only one suggestion--which is the way - Charley - 7:45pm on 11/06/17
- OMG, this sounds to die for. Is there a recipe for Granny's slaw? [NT] - KarenNoCA - 3:46pm on 11/07/17
- This is a recipe for Lexington slaw, from the BBQ capital of NC. - Charley - 2:54pm on 11/08/17
- I don't like slaw with pulled pork so I didn't copy the recipe. Charley's version looks close though [NT] - Traca - 5:48pm on 11/08/17
- I looked at the recipe and the reviews were saying too much sugar, ketchup - KarenNoCA - 6:13pm on 11/08/17
- Traca - question - JudyW - 4:57pm on 11/08/17
- In my experience, that's room temp for an hour or in the fridge overnight. I did overnight in the - Traca - 5:47pm on 11/08/17
- I looked on the internet for the slaw recipe, as well and only got references - KarenNoCA - 5:00pm on 11/08/17
- Take a look at the Lexington slaw I posted above. It's the real deal. - Charley - 5:03pm on 11/08/17
- Which book did you get? :) [NT] - Traca - 5:49pm on 11/08/17
- Big Food Big Love: Down-Home Southern Cooking full of Heart from Seattle's Wandering Goose - KarenNoCA - 6:15pm on 11/08/17
- My cooking group covered that book. Menu & notes - Traca - 6:46am on 11/09/17
- What's the tomato pie recipe (just a short version). Our family is all over - Charley - 11:34am on 11/09/17
- Ok, how can one find that recipe for the Granny's Salisbury Red Slaw? - KarenNoCA - 3:38pm on 11/09/17
- Oh I do love a slow cooked piece o pork shredded into yummy goodness... - Richard in Cincy - 8:02pm on 11/10/17