Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Sorry, no one "really" knows unless. . .
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Posted to Thread #30002 at 11:12 pm on Dec 1, 2017
Someone makes the recipe as printed on the page and then titrates (is that the term) it to determine if the acidity is actually high enough. The recipe as printed, looks close, but for total safety's sake I would recommend making it and then store in the freezer.
The recipe looks great. I will try this at Christmas, or maybe sooner.
A Proud "Master Food Preserver San Bernardino County" since 1996!
Other messages in this thread:
- 30002. Is cranberry chutney acid enough to water bath can? [NT] [LINK] - Melissa Dallas - 10:34pm on 12/01/17 (5)
- Sorry, no one "really" knows unless. . . - mistral - 11:12pm on 12/01/17
- It is very, very good [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 11:38pm on 12/01/17
- I am one of these dinosaur outliers that do NOT process jams and jellies-- - Charley - 12:08am on 12/02/17
- I agree with the refrigeration. . . but... - mistral - 8:41pm on 12/03/17
- And I respect you as a certified jam maker. What I really said in the reply - Charley - 10:32pm on 12/03/17