Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Can yeast rolls such as the Overnight Caramel Rolls be frozen unbaked?
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #30021 at 5:28 pm on Dec 12, 2017
We get together with one side of the family every Christmas Eve. I'm wondering if I prepped everything through the last refrigerated rise, could pans of these be gifts to bake off in the morning in their own homes?
Other messages in this thread:
- 30021. Can yeast rolls such as the Overnight Caramel Rolls be frozen unbaked? [LINK] - Anna_X - 5:28pm on 12/12/17 (10)
- Hi Anna....I just made CI's Yeasted Crescent Rolls for TDay and they highly - MarilynFL - 6:09pm on 12/12/17
- The rolls finish rising while sitting at room temp? - Anna_X - 6:23pm on 12/12/17
- Yes. It took about 30-45 minutes to take the chill off the pan. Then I did that 200 degree - MarilynFL - 10:00pm on 12/12/17
- I think that they will do their second rise overnight in the fridge.... - deb-in-MI - 6:28pm on 12/12/17
- Yes, that's right. Sounds very workable. [NT] - Anna_X - 6:47pm on 12/12/17
- I often do this when baking challah - deb-in-MI - 1:14pm on 12/13/17
- Deb's right if the recipe calls for a package of yeast. The CI version uses a minimal - MarilynFL - 4:43pm on 12/13/17
- Thanks for the explanation - so interesting! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 5:40pm on 12/13/17
- Anna_X, I am just now seeing this--I have successfully frozen these rolls many times before baking. [LINK] - wigs - 6:06pm on 12/14/17
- Wow, you all are Santas in disguise! I am def doing these! Thank you! [NT] - Anna_X - 6:54pm on 12/14/17