Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Didn't use a bean
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #30063 at 10:55 pm on Jan 4, 2018
Paul - I made it without the bean and just upped the vanilla extra to 1 TBSP. I tend not to buy beans because of the price (although I would imagine that they could elevate the pudding to another level). Also because I'm a lazy cook/baker.
as i wrote in my initial post "The recipe is a tad complicated because it calls for steeping a vanilla bean in milk and cream. But since I didn't have one, there was no steeping involved and it was so easy to make. I just added everything to the pot in order after the 'steeping' stage and upped the vanilla to 1 Tbsp. Make sure you strain it once it's cooked. It was absolutely divine!"
Yes - I noticed the increase in the price of vanilla too - ouch!
Other messages in this thread:
- 30063. Made this wonderful Boston Cream Pie yesterday from Bravetart - also request for help [LINK] - deb-in-MI - 6:08pm on 01/03/18 (22)
- the mystery pudding - pmassell_93 - 7:26pm on 01/03/18
- I know - so frustrating! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 8:10pm on 01/03/18
- Isn't this it? [LINK] - desertculinary - 8:55pm on 01/03/18
- Yes! Thank you soooooo much!!!! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 9:30pm on 01/03/18
- My DH **LOVES** homemade Boston Cream Pie. Thanks for the reminder. I have used the recipe - LisainLA - 11:40pm on 01/03/18
- Let me know what you think:) [NT] - deb-in-MI - 1:20pm on 01/04/18
- We love homemade Boston Creme Pie. It needs to be brought back! - Richard in Cincy - 5:09am on 01/04/18
- I sure didn't eat the same dorm food as you did - LOL [NT] - deb-in-MI - 5:38pm on 01/04/18
- Ditto [NT] - Janet in NC - 5:52pm on 01/04/18
- what?!? - pmassell_93 - 10:44pm on 01/04/18
- Didn't use a bean - deb-in-MI - 10:55pm on 01/04/18
- WARNING: Recipe is Wrong! - pmassell_93 - 2:59am on 01/05/18
- actually I didn't see the author responded - pmassell_93 - 3:10am on 01/05/18
- If I understand correctly - you are asking what is written in the Bravetart book? - emtd - 4:43am on 01/05/18
- thank you yes - pmassell_93 - 7:07am on 01/05/18
- Paul - I made it with the egg whites (didn't realize it was wrong) and it was delicious!! - deb-in-MI - 11:26am on 01/05/18
- Well - at least we thought it was delicious - perhaps others won't. [NT] - deb-in-MI - 1:21pm on 01/05/18
- apparently it is right - pmassell_93 - 6:12pm on 01/05/18
- Once strained I did get the silky texture. Very bummed it didn't happen for you/your daughter. [NT] - deb-in-MI - 8:30pm on 01/05/18