Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I thought it was because evaporated milk won't curdle with long cooking times and heat.
Joined: Dec 17, 2005
Posted to Thread #30078 at 1:41 pm on Jan 8, 2018
It's also thicker than milk, so it makes the soup creamier without the extra fat from cream.
*long* cooking times - can't edit title.
If anything can go well, it will!
Other messages in this thread:
- 30078. Evaporated milk? - Pam - 9:07pm on 01/07/18 (11)
- Easily kept in the pantry? What their Mom/Grammy/Great Grammy used? (more) - mistral - 9:32pm on 01/07/18
- Richness. Has a touch of sweetness. The recipe from Charleston Receipts that I use - Charley - 11:32am on 01/08/18
- I thought it was because evaporated milk won't curdle with long cooking times and heat. - GeorgiaRose - 1:41pm on 01/08/18
- I can and I did. Is that OK with you? [NT] - orchid - 3:35pm on 01/08/18
- Thanks! [NT] - GeorgiaRose - 3:37pm on 01/08/18
- It depends on which kind of evaporated milk you get--there is full fat and skim available. [NT] - Charley - 5:25pm on 01/08/18
- I always keep evaporated milk in the pantry - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:31pm on 01/08/18
- I use evap milk in several savory recipes - deb-in-MI - 4:41pm on 01/08/18
- My mom's recipe calls for a can of evaporated milk. [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 6:57pm on 01/08/18
- Pam and others, please post your clam chowder recipes - colleenmomof2 - 7:57pm on 01/08/18
- I'm betting it dates back to non-refrig days. Still commonly used in the Caribbean. Yuck [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 9:13pm on 01/13/18