Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Amazing Chocolate Mousse (and more) Pie from Gesine Bullock-Prado - Big Hit
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #30092 at 4:36 pm on Jan 16, 2018
I've just read through all of her cookbooks and I learned an incredible amount from her. This dessert is actually called The Tate Pie but it doesn't do the pie justice. On top of scrumptious Tart Dough (see below) it has three layers. First, a chocolate ganache. Then a mousse, then a mousse lightened with cream. It made a gloriously tall pie. Recipe for pie is in link (it didn't include the tart dough recipe)
Simple Tart Dough
(makes 2 ½ lbs.; enough for 3 to for 9 inch tarts)
• 4 cups flour, cold
• 2 cups butter, cut into small pieces and chilled
• 1 tsp. salt
• 1/3 sweetened condensed milk
• 1 egg, at room temperature, lightly beaten
1) In the bowl of food processor fitted with the blade attachment, pulse together the flour, butter, and salt until the mixture resembles cornmeal.
2) In a small bowl, whisk together the condensed milk and egg. While pulsing, slowly pour this into the flour until the dough just comes together.
3) Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and gently turn over a few times until it is smooth, the dry ingredients have been completely integrated, and the dough holds together. Take care not to overwork it.
4) Shape the dough into a loose circle. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rest in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30092. Amazing Chocolate Mousse (and more) Pie from Gesine Bullock-Prado - Big Hit [LINK] - deb-in-MI - 4:36pm on 01/16/18 (4)
- Oh, my goodness, does this ever sound good! Thanks for posting... [NT] - wigs - 9:01pm on 01/17/18
- As if the layers weren't wonderful enough - the crust made me swoon! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 9:15pm on 01/17/18
- I love her blog — the videos there are so informative. [NT] [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 3:01am on 01/18/18
- Thanks for the link:) Just signed up! - deb-in-MI - 11:44am on 01/18/18