Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Just made a delicious "Raclette Tart" from Gesine (recipe sorta inside)
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #30094 at 6:38 pm on Jan 20, 2018
I say 'sorta' because she includes the recipe for her own puff pastry in the book.
I can't find the darn recipe on the net but this is it without the pastry recipe. I used 1/2 box Puff Pastry (not homemade) and Gruyere cheese because I can't get raclette cheese here. My hubby ate it for his lunch but it would make a great appetizer.
4 slices thick slab bacon
2 Tbsp butter
1 sweet yellow onion, thinly sliced
2 clove garlic, minced
1 Yukon gold potato, very thinly (transparent) sliced
salt and pepper
1 tsp. chervil (I didn't have/use)
1 cup finely shredded raclette cheese
1) Preheat oven to 375 F and line a baking sheet with parchment (I used my silicone baking sheet). Roll out the dough into a 6 by 16" rectangle. Dock the dough and transfer it to prepared baking dish. Refrigerate 20 min.
2) Render bacon until brown and slightly crisp. W/ slotted spoon, transfer to plate lined with paper towel. In same skillet, melt butter and saute onion/garlic until soft and slightly golden. Remove from pan.
3) Take a very sharp knife and gently score a line 1/2 inch from edge of puff pastry rectangle, all around. Fold up walls and pinch edges of dough to keep walls up.
4) Layer potato slices on top of dough; season with salt/pepper and chervil. Top potatoes with onions and garlic and evenly distribute bacon pieces on top. Finish by layering cheese all over.
5) Bake the tart for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and cheese is bubbling.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30094. Just made a delicious "Raclette Tart" from Gesine (recipe sorta inside) - deb-in-MI - 6:38pm on 01/20/18 (5)
- wow this sounds so good. you had me at raclette and bacon - pmassell_93 - 10:52pm on 01/20/18
- This reminds me so much of the tartiflette we had in France... [LINK] - judy-mass - 10:24pm on 01/21/18
- Deb, Gesine demonstrates her puff pastry on a paid craftsy class. That may be why you're not finding [LINK] - MarilynFL - 11:32pm on 01/21/18
- Thank you and funny that you mentioned this. I just signed up for Craftsy Unlimited - deb-in-MI - 10:51am on 01/22/18
- Kismet! [NT] - MarilynFL - 3:53pm on 01/22/18