Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Another easy one is Chicken Sag
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #30096 at 8:37 pm on Jan 22, 2018
* Exported from MasterCook *
Recipe By :Tim/Epi chatter from UK
Serving Size : 4
Categories : Ethnic Poultry
Tried & True
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 Large Onions -- thinly sliced
6 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
4 Cloves Garlic -- chopped
1 Inch Fresh Ginger Root -- grated
2 Pounds Boneless Chicken Thighs
1 1/4 Cups Chicken Stock
2 Pounds Fresh Spinach -- chopped
4 Tablespoons Plain Yogurt
1 Tablespoon Garam Masala (or use curry powder)
2 Fresh Green Chilies -- chopped
1 Tablespoon Dill Weed
Salt And Pepper -- to taste
Fry the onions in the oil until soft, then fry the garlic and ginger with the onions for another minute. Add the chicken pieces and fry on high heat, stirring constantly, until chicken is browned. Add the chicken stock and cover pan. Simmer for 20 minutes.
Add the spinach, which should wilt down to a sauce within a few minutes. Cook for 10 minutes, then add the yogurt, garam masala, chilies, dill and salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes more.
Serve with rice and chapatis.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 278 Calories; 22g Fat (67.0% calories from fat); 8g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 2mg Cholesterol; 862mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 4 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
NOTES : This is a great dish! The original recipe called for assorted chicken parts, with bones still in. I used the boned thighs, and it was much easier to eat, and very yummy.
Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Every good dish deserves a good pot.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30096. A friend of mine wrote and asked if I knew of any Indian recipes - Marsha tbay - 8:25pm on 01/22/18 (21)
- Raita is about as simple as it gets. - judy-mass - 8:33pm on 01/22/18
- Another easy one is Chicken Sag - judy-mass - 8:37pm on 01/22/18
- An easy Butter Chicken - Pam - 9:42pm on 01/22/18
- Get thee to Publix in the International aisle for Maya Kaimal prepared sauces. They are wonderful [LINK] - MarilynFL - 12:20am on 01/23/18
- Oh. I hope your friend has a Publix near her. I've also seen Maya at other stores. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:26am on 01/23/18
- Patak's Sauces & Pastes are also very, very good and authentic [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 2:41am on 01/23/18
- If not Publix I think almost all supers of any size have these dinner sauces now and - Charley - 12:18pm on 01/23/18
- Naan bread makes a great pizza too! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 11:16am on 01/25/18
- Rec:. Hamburger curry - rhoward2va - 12:24pm on 01/23/18
- Made this last night. Very good! I used ground chicken; 1/2 can of chopped toms and of course - barb_b - 1:20pm on 01/26/18
- Thanks for the report out, sounds good! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 2:56pm on 01/26/18
- You're very welcome. I got this recipe from a friend who lived in India for - rhoward2va - 9:59pm on 01/26/18
- I'll would love to take a look at the naan recipe. Although yeast scares me. [NT] - barb_b - 8:21pm on 01/27/18
- Barb_b - So easy. Recipe: Naan - rhoward2va - 10:30pm on 01/28/18
- Thanks for rec! I'll give it a whirl next time I make the curry. Much appreciated. [NT] - barb_b - 11:02pm on 01/30/18
- Sorry late! CI's Chicken Tikka posted by deb-in-MI [LINK] - colleenmomof2 - 3:17pm on 01/26/18
- Kheema Matar. Looks like a lot of work but it isn't - Marg CDN2 - 1:10am on 03/23/18
- using bottled biryani - Marg CDN2 - 1:11am on 03/23/18
- Easiest of all is just a thing that I do, but everyone asks for the recipe - Marg CDN2 - 1:13am on 03/23/18
- Madhur Jaffrey's samosas without the pastry. Makes a wonderful veg side. - Marg CDN2 - 1:14am on 03/23/18
- Yikes. I looked at the date and saw 22, never thinking that this was 2 months old. We aren't as - Marg CDN2 - 4:48am on 03/23/18