Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Barb_b - So easy. Recipe: Naan
Joined: Mar 8, 2006
Posted to Thread #30096 at 10:30 pm on Jan 28, 2018
Naan (Indian Bread)
2 1/2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
3 tablespoons oil
1 package yeast
3/4 cup yogurt, at room temperature
1/4 cup warm water
Combine all dry ingredients. Add liquid ingredients combined. Cover and let stand 1 hour.
Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Punch dough down. Rub a little oil on hands. Break off large walnut size pieces and flatten with hand onto cookie sheet to less than 1/2 inch thickness. Brush tops with melted butter. Let rise approximately 45 minutes.
Bake at 425 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes until tops are golden.
Notes: These are a must with hamburger curry!
Other messages in this thread:
- 30096. A friend of mine wrote and asked if I knew of any Indian recipes - Marsha tbay - 8:25pm on 01/22/18 (21)
- Raita is about as simple as it gets. - judy-mass - 8:33pm on 01/22/18
- Another easy one is Chicken Sag - judy-mass - 8:37pm on 01/22/18
- An easy Butter Chicken - Pam - 9:42pm on 01/22/18
- Get thee to Publix in the International aisle for Maya Kaimal prepared sauces. They are wonderful [LINK] - MarilynFL - 12:20am on 01/23/18
- Oh. I hope your friend has a Publix near her. I've also seen Maya at other stores. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:26am on 01/23/18
- Patak's Sauces & Pastes are also very, very good and authentic [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 2:41am on 01/23/18
- If not Publix I think almost all supers of any size have these dinner sauces now and - Charley - 12:18pm on 01/23/18
- Naan bread makes a great pizza too! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 11:16am on 01/25/18
- Rec:. Hamburger curry - rhoward2va - 12:24pm on 01/23/18
- Made this last night. Very good! I used ground chicken; 1/2 can of chopped toms and of course - barb_b - 1:20pm on 01/26/18
- Thanks for the report out, sounds good! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 2:56pm on 01/26/18
- You're very welcome. I got this recipe from a friend who lived in India for - rhoward2va - 9:59pm on 01/26/18
- I'll would love to take a look at the naan recipe. Although yeast scares me. [NT] - barb_b - 8:21pm on 01/27/18
- Barb_b - So easy. Recipe: Naan - rhoward2va - 10:30pm on 01/28/18
- Thanks for rec! I'll give it a whirl next time I make the curry. Much appreciated. [NT] - barb_b - 11:02pm on 01/30/18
- Sorry late! CI's Chicken Tikka posted by deb-in-MI [LINK] - colleenmomof2 - 3:17pm on 01/26/18
- Kheema Matar. Looks like a lot of work but it isn't - Marg CDN2 - 1:10am on 03/23/18
- using bottled biryani - Marg CDN2 - 1:11am on 03/23/18
- Easiest of all is just a thing that I do, but everyone asks for the recipe - Marg CDN2 - 1:13am on 03/23/18
- Madhur Jaffrey's samosas without the pastry. Makes a wonderful veg side. - Marg CDN2 - 1:14am on 03/23/18
- Yikes. I looked at the date and saw 22, never thinking that this was 2 months old. We aren't as - Marg CDN2 - 4:48am on 03/23/18