Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Look for red lentil soup recipes--they cook quickly and are lovely.
Joined: Aug 15, 2007
Posted to Thread #30140 at 12:41 pm on Feb 25, 2018
Just plain vegetable soup--good chicken broth (I boil a chicken), canned tomatoes, celery, onion, carrot, a little cabbage (it adds a real flavor layer), canned french beans.. Cut everything small and cook for an hour or two. I use corn, which you can't. I usually don't use peas but it is possible. Even some cut up potato the last hour or so.
Black bean soup.
Tortilla soup--chicken broth, canned tomatoes, zucchini, onion, green chiles. Put strips of flour tortillas in and simmer for an hour.
Other messages in this thread:
- I make Joe's Provencal Fish Soup, regularly. Caveat though is that it needs the rouille [LINK] - Marg CDN2 - 11:05pm on 02/24/18
- this looks great but a little intimidating ;) [NT] - pmassell_93 - 11:29pm on 02/24/18
- Maybe this calls for a visit to Joe?? With Jacques making the rouille? [NT] - MarilynFL - 6:55pm on 02/25/18
- The rouille takes about 5 minutes in the processor. If that, or the ingredient list is too much - Joe - 5:17am on 03/03/18
- Sausage Lentil Soup - CathyZ from Kauai - 1:24am on 02/25/18
- Mama Z's Minestrone - CathyZ from Kauai - 1:26am on 02/25/18
- Evelyn from Athens's Youvarlakia Avgolemono- absolutely wonderful - CathyZ from Kauai - 1:28am on 02/25/18
- Zucchini Soup - CathyZ from Kauai - 1:30am on 02/25/18
- Slow Cooker Quinoa, Chicken and Kale Soup- I think it came from the Swap - CathyZ from Kauai - 1:33am on 02/25/18
- Look for red lentil soup recipes--they cook quickly and are lovely. - Charley - 12:41pm on 02/25/18
- This post on 101 Cookbooks has a cauliflower soup and variations plus a link for broccoli soup. [LINK] - Curious1 - 4:58pm on 02/25/18
- I've had Cold Almond Soup in the *try it* stack (~2 miles high as seen by Hubble) for a while. [LINK] - MarilynFL - 6:50pm on 02/25/18
- Curried Spinach and Lentil Soup [NT] [LINK] - judy-mass - 10:20pm on 02/25/18
- Root Cellar Soup with Ham - judy-mass - 10:31pm on 02/25/18
- Love butternut squash soup. Try coconut or almond milk and leave off the cider-cream on top. [NT] [LINK] - Anna_X - 1:51am on 02/26/18
- Vegan Cream of Tomato Soup with Roasted Italian Chickpea Croutons [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 7:47am on 02/26/18
- Ah, these croutons are right up your alley, Paul! [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 7:45pm on 02/26/18
- And they were so good! Kept munching on them from a bowl as snacks [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 9:41pm on 02/26/18
- yes that definitely caught my eye [NT] - pmassell_93 - 10:12pm on 02/26/18
- This butternut squash velvet from Jaques Pepin is on my try list [NT] [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 8:12am on 02/26/18
- Soup at this house is... - Richard in Cincy - 2:23pm on 02/28/18
- soups - sjs1952 - 6:54pm on 03/01/18
- Potato Leek Soup as a base - Joe - 5:20am on 03/03/18