Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I've decided to use Trader Joe's unsalted butter for the beurrage and save the Irish for schmears.
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30141 at 4:14 pm on Feb 27, 2018
SaraBeth says the test of a good croissant is to be able to pull on the tip of a finished roll and have a long spiral unfurl.
I can feel my arteries clogging as I write this.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30141. Help from anyone who has made croissants from scratch. This is my White Whale. - MarilynFL - 4:39pm on 02/26/18 (20)
- way beyond my skillset but - pmassell_93 - 5:02pm on 02/26/18
- Probably in this age where anything goes, Paul - CathyZ from Kauai - 7:43pm on 02/26/18
- apparently a law in France straight or curved based upon 100% butter or not [NT] - pmassell_93 - 8:58pm on 02/26/18
- Have made croissants many times, Marilyn - CathyZ from Kauai - 7:39pm on 02/26/18
- Another vote for Julia's recipe. I've... - Richard in Cincy - 2:15pm on 02/28/18
- My 2 cents worth: . . . - mistral - 7:44pm on 02/26/18
- If it is an American recipe wouldn't you guess American butter was used to test it? [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 7:47pm on 02/26/18
- Yep! (nt) [NT] - mistral - 6:15pm on 02/27/18
- Thanks all! Going to start this tomorrow and will let you know how it goes. [NT] - MarilynFL - 8:45pm on 02/26/18
- Please do!! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 9:47pm on 02/26/18
- I've always used local butter too but that European quality has such a superior flavour. As long as [LINK] - Marg CDN2 - 9:52pm on 02/26/18
- I've decided to use Trader Joe's unsalted butter for the beurrage and save the Irish for schmears. - MarilynFL - 4:14pm on 02/27/18
- I don't have enough milk! Damn. Didn't even think to check that ingredient. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:33am on 02/28/18
- Watch this video demo!!! Just did a couple of days ago and I think I had too much water in my butter [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 9:53pm on 02/26/18
- I believe Gesine specifically mentions not using kerrygold butter, But can’t recall why right now. [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 10:01pm on 02/26/18
- She also addresses the straight versus curved croissants, there is a reason, Can’t recall though [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 10:09pm on 02/26/18
- I remember! Straight = made w/real butter. . . Never heard that before. (nt) [NT] - mistral - 6:17pm on 02/27/18
- And we EXPECT a full report. Even is all goes well I'm sure you'll have us in stitches with your - Tess - 2:55am on 02/27/18
- I've made them a few times from the KA recipe. My boss' boss from France was visiting and - Tess - 3:02am on 02/27/18
- I've always used Plugra and Paula Peck's recipe. The resting time - Heather_in_SF - 5:43pm on 02/27/18