Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Michael in Phoenix||
I render my own pork lard for tamales each year. I would think the process would be...
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #30142 at 7:38 pm on Feb 27, 2018
1/2 inch cubes of fat go into a roasting pan and spread out in a single layer. Pan goes into a 275 degree oven until lard is rendered and fat cubes are toasty brown.
Stir every 20 minutes or so to mix the cubes and spread into a single layer again.
Human liberty is about courage, dignity, eternal truths, and personal responsibility. Star Parker
Other messages in this thread:
- 30142. Second question of the day: has anyone rendered beef fat? Post Valentine's Day, I bought - MarilynFL - 8:43pm on 02/26/18 (6)
- I had a huge slab a couple of days ago. At least 1 1/2 pound. I was thrilled because I - Marg CDN2 - 11:48pm on 02/26/18
- Excellent! So all I have to do is melt slow. I can do that. Thanks, Marg! [NT] - MarilynFL - 4:13pm on 02/27/18
- Done! 1 lb 11 oz of steak fat rendered to exactly 2 cups of fat. Took about 45 minutes - MarilynFL - 12:24am on 02/28/18
- Sounds like a party in your freezer. Got any wonderful new recipes for that lump of rump? [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 9:39pm on 02/28/18
- That reminds me that I have 3lbs in the freezer that I need to render! (nt) [NT] - mistral - 6:32pm on 02/27/18
- I render my own pork lard for tamales each year. I would think the process would be... - Michael in Phoenix - 7:38pm on 02/27/18