Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Joined: Dec 31, 1969
Posted to Thread #30154 at 3:11 pm on Mar 9, 2018
So I get these ideas...
Anyway I peeled a bunch of potatoes then made them into like a thick linguini via the spiralizer. I put them into gallon ziplocks and immediately into the freezer with the idea of pulling out a bag to use when needed. However in just the short time it took to freeze they discolored.
I still like my idea but is there a step that I can take to keep them from discoloring?
Other messages in this thread:
- 30154. genius fails - pmassell_93 - 3:11pm on 03/09/18 (7)
- Soak in ice water with lemon juice, Paul then dry off and freeze [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:34pm on 03/09/18
- Sometimes I blanch too but I often do the above. I was thinking of the delicacy of the spirals [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 8:27pm on 03/11/18
- Blanche briefly in boiling water then shock in ice water, - Pat-NoCal - 4:37pm on 03/09/18
- I recommend this as well. (nt) [NT] - mistral - 6:26pm on 03/09/18
- USDA recommendations on freezing vegetables: check out link. (nt) [NT] [LINK] - mistral - 6:29pm on 03/09/18
- And since your taters are so thin, you could cut the time; look for a change in . . . - mistral - 6:31pm on 03/09/18
- thank you for all the good tips - pmassell_93 - 6:57pm on 03/09/18