Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
OK, let's get this organized. How does Thursday, May 3 for lunch at 11:30 work for everyone?
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30173 at 7:15 pm on Mar 20, 2018
Barb, do you need earlier?
We arrive on the afternoon of the 1st, have a matinee on the 2nd and Marilyn is leaving on the 4th, so that seems like the best/only time with the parameters
I will check with Erin and Sandra about their availability.
MoNJ & Cyn : Are you available?
What to eat???
We all met up at a Chinese restaurant several years ago and that really worked well. We just ordered a bunch of dishes and ate family style and got to try lots of things.
Barb, do you remember the name/location of that Chinese restaurant? I think it was Szechwan Gourmet on 39th St just off Fifth Ave. Sandra selected it and it was really good. Otherwise, I'll get a recommendation from my friend David who gets insider information from his Chinese colleagues on the current hot Chinese spots. There is also Xi'an Famous Foods-very different western style Chinese. We journeyed out to Flushing to visit the original location years ago, but they now have a couple Manhattan locations (amazing noodles and cumin lamb buns!!!).
Other choices: Zum Schneider https://www.zumschneider.com/ is a great German Biergarten in the East Village that has the advantage of being very near (about 6 blocks) to Veniro's, the,oldest Italian pastry shop in the city, for sweet indulgences and the best cannoli in Manhattan IMHO.
We could be real New Yorkers and meet up an an oldtime cheap NYC diner. Lots of possibilities for locations Applejack, Flame, or Cosmic are good Midtown possibilities with lots of space.
Any locations preferred? We're staying in Midtown but we can meet up anywhere.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30173. NYC in May - Richard in Cincy - 12:10am on 03/19/18 (23)
- I am in; just am an early lunch person; need to head back for school pick up. [NT] - barb_b - 1:29am on 03/19/18
- Please reach out to my friends Mathew and George if you go to Phantom - barb_b - 1:33am on 03/19/18
- Barb, I apologize. I got your emails about Matthew and George and - Richard in Cincy - 1:36am on 03/19/18
- And the lovely Barb. I knew afternoon was best for you.... - Richard in Cincy - 1:34am on 03/19/18
- Yes! George is in! Funny, George is heading out that weekend for the kentucky Derby. - barb_b - 1:38am on 03/19/18
- Not my thang either... - Richard in Cincy - 2:06am on 03/19/18
- I'm there 4/30-5/3 Tickets for Helen Mirren on Mon nite, Hamilton on Wed nite, other - MarilynFL - 1:46pm on 03/19/18
- Fun! I need to be the early lunch person. I Need to head back to NJ for school pickup. [NT] - barb_b - 1:53am on 03/20/18
- Just checking - Richard in Cincy - 6:41pm on 03/20/18
- OK, let's get this organized. How does Thursday, May 3 for lunch at 11:30 work for everyone? - Richard in Cincy - 7:15pm on 03/20/18
- 5/3 works for me. Looking forward to it! Yes, I believe it was Szechwan Gourmet; we had a large - barb_b - 7:20pm on 03/20/18
- I'm in for anywhere. Turns out I fly OUT that day, but not until evening. [NT] - MarilynFL - 10:12pm on 03/20/18
- OK, let's do Szechwan Gourmet on 39th St. at Fifth Avenue, Thursday May 3 at 11:30... - Richard in Cincy - 10:28pm on 03/20/18
- Okay now I want to go to NYC that week!!! - Music City Missy - 5:48pm on 03/19/18
- YES! Please talk Jeff into it....... [NT] - barb_b - 1:57am on 03/20/18
- Gay, will you be in NJ / NYC in May? [NT] - barb_b - 12:10am on 03/22/18
- Unfortunately, and sadly no.... [NT] - GayR - 1:09pm on 03/22/18
- : ( Will miss you [NT] - barb_b - 2:06pm on 03/23/18
- Thank you, Barb..... [NT] - GayR - 5:45pm on 03/23/18
- Yes, anyone else who will be in the NY area then please join us! [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 1:24pm on 03/23/18
- Count me in, please. :) [NT] - ErininNY - 12:51am on 04/02/18