Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Has anyone recently purchased a new mini food processor that is any good?
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #30190 at 3:08 pm on Mar 28, 2018
My wonderful Cuisinart Mini Prep Plus lost a piece to the bowl and it no longer locks into the locking position. It was heavy, shiny chrome, well made, and rather quiet for the applications I used it for. It is still usable, but leaks. I decided to call Cuisinart Customer Service, gave them my model and serial number. They assured me they could replace the bowl. It arrived and was too tall for my unit and could not fit into the locking dock. I sent it back.
I was in Costco and saw the same unit, so I bought it even though the reviews were less than excellent, thinking maybe some folks were just complainers, but did notice the good reports were from six or more years back. I was shocked as I unpacked it, out came a piece of plastic crap, very light (how does this thing stay in place while working) not chrome, but a dull grey, plastic finish. I plugged it in and almost ran out of the room with the high pitched squeal, it was so loud - there was no way I was going to damage my ears with that piece of junk. What a disappointment. I took it back the next day, and am back where I started. I would love to replace it.
~*Many things will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those*~
Other messages in this thread:
- 30190. Has anyone recently purchased a new mini food processor that is any good? - KarenNoCA - 3:08pm on 03/28/18 (15)
- almost identical experience - pmassell_93 - 4:19pm on 03/28/18
- I got a 12 cup cuisinart for christmas and the thing weighs a ton. . . - mistral - 4:54pm on 03/28/18
- I have a 12cup KA (many many years old) with a mini-prep bowl. All works very well. [NT] - Charley - 5:11pm on 03/28/18
- Maybe I should look into getting a mini prep bowl for my 12 cupper.(nt) [NT] - mistral - 2:03am on 03/29/18
- Mine is a KA. Don't know about Cuisinart. ;o) [NT] - Charley - 11:13am on 03/29/18
- I am truly hoping that my ancient food processor never dies - judy-mass - 11:38pm on 03/28/18
- Mini is Oster. Not that great, but works for crumbs, etc. For smaller items I use a coffee grinder. - MarilynFL - 3:13pm on 03/29/18
- Seems to be the case with - Marg CDN2 - 5:52am on 03/30/18
- And my upper cabinets are somehow out of reach - - colleenmomof2 - 1:20pm on 04/02/18
- Lol Colleen. I'm having the same problem. Those kitchen fairies sure are hard at work! [NT] - Curious1 - 8:07pm on 04/02/18
- I did for "2 cents" at Kohl's! All plastic - except the blade ;) - colleenmomof2 - 1:26pm on 04/02/18
- I just ordered replacement parts for my 40 year old Cuisinart DLC7 base. They are hard to - Curious1 - 8:05pm on 04/02/18
- Ooh yes. How did you find the replacement bowl. Actually...WHERE? [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 12:40am on 04/05/18
- This is the link, my husband thinks it will fit. I’ll let you know if it doesn’t. I would have [LINK] - Curious1 - 2:43pm on 04/05/18
- Yikes! [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 7:41pm on 04/05/18