Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
almost identical experience
Joined: Dec 31, 1969
Posted to Thread #30190 at 4:19 pm on Mar 28, 2018
I had an older mini and my wife on one of her purges just got rid of it without consulting me a few years back. Since then I have been without a food processor at all. And since I've got a bad reputation (learned that fingertips can actually regrow) with the Mandolin, I'm banned from using them.
I got the full size cuisinart at Costco recently and was also really disappointed. Like you said, it almost feels like a toy it is so light. I like the spiralizer but I wonder how durable any of these parts or the machine will be. I saved the box and will probably take it back which is a nice thing about Costco.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30190. Has anyone recently purchased a new mini food processor that is any good? - KarenNoCA - 3:08pm on 03/28/18 (15)
- almost identical experience - pmassell_93 - 4:19pm on 03/28/18
- I got a 12 cup cuisinart for christmas and the thing weighs a ton. . . - mistral - 4:54pm on 03/28/18
- I have a 12cup KA (many many years old) with a mini-prep bowl. All works very well. [NT] - Charley - 5:11pm on 03/28/18
- Maybe I should look into getting a mini prep bowl for my 12 cupper.(nt) [NT] - mistral - 2:03am on 03/29/18
- Mine is a KA. Don't know about Cuisinart. ;o) [NT] - Charley - 11:13am on 03/29/18
- I am truly hoping that my ancient food processor never dies - judy-mass - 11:38pm on 03/28/18
- Mini is Oster. Not that great, but works for crumbs, etc. For smaller items I use a coffee grinder. - MarilynFL - 3:13pm on 03/29/18
- Seems to be the case with - Marg CDN2 - 5:52am on 03/30/18
- And my upper cabinets are somehow out of reach - - colleenmomof2 - 1:20pm on 04/02/18
- Lol Colleen. I'm having the same problem. Those kitchen fairies sure are hard at work! [NT] - Curious1 - 8:07pm on 04/02/18
- I did for "2 cents" at Kohl's! All plastic - except the blade ;) - colleenmomof2 - 1:26pm on 04/02/18
- I just ordered replacement parts for my 40 year old Cuisinart DLC7 base. They are hard to - Curious1 - 8:05pm on 04/02/18
- Ooh yes. How did you find the replacement bowl. Actually...WHERE? [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 12:40am on 04/05/18
- This is the link, my husband thinks it will fit. I’ll let you know if it doesn’t. I would have [LINK] - Curious1 - 2:43pm on 04/05/18
- Yikes! [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 7:41pm on 04/05/18