Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
If yours is 9# it really will need extra time but truth to tell it would be done in 10 hours, IMO
Joined: Aug 15, 2007
Posted to Thread #30204 at 3:27 pm on Apr 3, 2018
I have just done 2 8.5#ers last night and set the time to go off after 9 hours--and of course it sat in the oven for another several.
BUT it REALLY is the good part of falling apart. I gave it that extra time because these were big hunks.
If you really want to eat it tonight, carve some off whenever and see. It will be "done" plenty to eat and you could leave the rest in the oven.
I re-read your post and see it is really about "timing" . I most often do this overnight and I pretty much trust my timer--but have gotten up in the middle of the night to be sure the I set the timer correctly!! It's more "Me" I don't trust. LOL
Other messages in this thread:
- 30204. How do YOU do it? I'm making Debbie_in_GA's Twelve-Hour Pork Roast [LINK] - MarilynFL - 1:52pm on 04/03/18 (9)
- Ha! I love your description of your freezer. The one thing that I would add, based on my experience - barb_b - 2:37pm on 04/03/18
- If yours is 9# it really will need extra time but truth to tell it would be done in 10 hours, IMO - Charley - 3:27pm on 04/03/18
- Thank you both. I cooked it until 10:30 PM and then nibbled a little (ok, okay a lot) - MarilynFL - 1:31pm on 04/04/18
- Rigatoni with Shredded Pork in Mustard Cream Sauce [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 3:12pm on 04/04/18
- This has my name all over it! Thx for the repost, Pat [NT] - barb_b - 7:58pm on 04/04/18
- The Pork and Potato Hash with Poached Eggs and Avocado shared by Curious1 is [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 3:33pm on 04/04/18
- Rec: Posole (Mexican soup with pork and hominy) is also good [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 3:47pm on 04/04/18
- Love Posole. Very similar to my recipe that I use from - Richard in Cincy - 3:48am on 04/08/18
- Me 2. And you just reminded me of Mexican oregano. I need to put that on the Mexico order. [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 7:38pm on 04/08/18