Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Haven't tried this yet, but soon enough: Deviled Avocado (vegan)
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30208 at 1:21 am on Apr 4, 2018
From Tasting Paris by Clotilde Dusoulier
Basically, it's hummus that has been tinted yellow with tumeric and then scooped or piped into the pit holes in avocado halves.
She gives the recipe from scratch, but I'm just gonna add tumeric to Sabra hummus.
1 15 oz can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
2 tsp tahini
1 garlic clove
1 tsp ground tumeric
fine sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 TBL lemon juice
2 TBL olive oil
3 TBL water
1 tsp smoked or regular paprika
1/3 C pepitas (squash seeds), toasted
3 TBL finely chopped chives.
Puree the first batch of ingredients, adding a bit more water if needed for consistency of deviled eggs.
Scoop into avocado halves and decorate at will.
PS: Shoot...just found the recipe already out there.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30208. Haven't tried this yet, but soon enough: Deviled Avocado (vegan) [LINK] - MarilynFL - 1:21am on 04/04/18 (15)
- Oh, Clotilde was the one that had that wonderful French food blog--can't call the name. - Charley - 11:12am on 04/04/18
- Yes: Chocolate & Zucchini. My first thought was: what Parisian woman - MarilynFL - 1:17pm on 04/04/18
- That's it!! The mini avocadoes were really a hit--a half was fine. But avocadoes are SO good for - Charley - 2:12pm on 04/04/18
- Link to the blog piece about the book: Tasting Paris: 100 Recipes to Eat Like a Local. :) [LINK] - ErininNY - 3:15pm on 04/04/18
- Ha. That's the book I have here for the recipe above! - MarilynFL - 3:17pm on 04/04/18
- Ack, you're right--it's right in your first line. Back to the coffeepot for me. [NT] - ErininNY - 5:49pm on 04/04/18
- Auto-spell sent tthis to my mother when we were in Paris: - Anna_X - 4:17pm on 04/05/18
- sorry but soylent green is first thing that comes to mind - pmassell_93 - 4:29pm on 04/05/18
- Ewww, [NT] - Anna_X - 7:45pm on 04/06/18
- I'm with you. <BLECH>... - Richard in Cincy - 2:41am on 04/07/18
- LOL! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 4:47pm on 04/05/18
- Ha!! [NT] - MarilynFL - 5:43pm on 04/05/18
- LOL!!! Your hubby had creme brulee, and you had a profiterole with vanilla ice cream - LisainLA - 3:37am on 04/06/18
- Bingo! You win. Much better than Soylent Green. [NT] - Anna_X - 7:45pm on 04/06/18
- Thank you - I just reserved it from our library. [NT] - deb-in-MI - 4:21pm on 04/04/18