Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Lana in FL||
Joined: Oct 9, 2007
Posted to Thread #30209 at 1:10 am on Apr 6, 2018
I learned to make these at school, and they are so pretty. You can use any cupcake recipe, really. When my daughters were small, I used Funfetti mix (Shh, don't tell anyone) because the dots of color were so pretty on the butterfly wings.
I made the Victoria sponge last year at Marilyn's recommendation and it is excellent. Scones with strawberry jam and cream are essential. You could always add a cucumber sandwich or two for those who are avoiding sugar. :)
I wish I could join you!
Link: Traditional British Butterfly Cakes
Other messages in this thread:
- 30209. What do the Brits mean by ordering "Tea and CAKES"? - Anna_X - 6:57pm on 04/04/18 (14)
- Your scones will be perfect, but a Victoria cake would also work. Basically [LINK] - MarilynFL - 10:26pm on 04/04/18
- Love the Gale Gand Recipe for Pound Cake Finger Sandwiches....blog [LINK] - GayR - 2:28pm on 04/05/18
- These are so pretty, plus can be made the night before. Thank you! [NT] - Anna_X - 2:42pm on 04/05/18
- Very welcome, Anna [NT] - GayR - 4:26pm on 04/05/18
- Thanks, I hadn't heard of Victoria cake so this is perfect AND British. [NT] - Anna_X - 2:41pm on 04/05/18
- Butterfly cakes [LINK] - Lana in FL - 1:10am on 04/06/18
- Oh, these are adorable! I will use buttercream instead of whipped because they'll sit out. [NT] - Anna_X - 4:25pm on 04/06/18
- Tea and cakes... - Richard in Cincy - 2:49am on 04/07/18
- Richard, post the photos of your recent tea please! [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:55pm on 04/07/18
- Here is the whole shebang... [NT] [IMAGE] - Richard in Cincy - 2:43am on 04/08/18
- and those amazing British Cherry Bakewell Tarts? <Suh-Wooooon> recipe at the link... [LINK] - Richard in Cincy - 3:42am on 04/08/18
- If I could freeze these, minus the frosting and cherry on top, ...mmmmm. [NT] - Anna_X - 10:24pm on 04/08/18
- Wow, that is impressive! I do love a good tea. [NT] - Heather_in_SF - 4:21pm on 04/12/18
- O. M. G. That is a gorgeous and inviting table! <3 [NT] - Anna_X - 10:21pm on 04/08/18