Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Here's a couple more from Elizabeth Heiskell
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30210 at 1:16 am on Apr 6, 2018
"Most vinaigrette recipes call for some kind of mustard. It acts like a marriage counselor: it keeps two things together that don't want to stay together."
"Taking something wonderful to eat is a meaningful way to show you're thinking of a sick friend or loved one. It's what we Southerners were brought up to do. There is nothing like a homemade dish to perk up someone's spirit. Leave instructions with the meal and be quickly on your way. Remember they are sick and tired, and you are not Florence Nightingale."
Moving Day: "Even if I were Jed Clampett moving to California after striking oil, I couldn't find one shred of joy in moving. There's nothing worse. The only thing that can make it better is a friend or new neighbor dropping by with a warm smile, a Valium drip, and a covered dish."
"I used to cry when Luke would leave for duck camp, leaving me home with three babies. Now that the girls are older and I understand the joy of controlling the remote control, I actually help him pack. I prepare these recipes to ensure he's always invited back."
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30210. I'm having fun reading *What Can I Bring? Southern Food for Any Occassion Life Serves Up* - MarilynFL - 12:41pm on 04/05/18 (7)
- Daddy's Bloody Marys by Elizabeth Heiskell - MarilynFL - 12:57pm on 04/05/18
- How much prepared horseradish? [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 11:59pm on 04/05/18
- ooh, good catch. Thanks, M. It's 1/4 C. I've corrected the recipe. [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:07am on 04/06/18
- Thank you for sharing her blurbs - had me laughing out loud - deb-in-MI - 1:10pm on 04/05/18
- Here's a couple more from Elizabeth Heiskell - MarilynFL - 1:16am on 04/06/18
- :) [NT] - deb-in-MI - 10:38am on 04/06/18
- Hell, I grew up through this... - Richard in Cincy - 1:36am on 04/07/18