Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Chicken Chow Mein
Joined: Apr 10, 2006
Posted to Thread #30211 at 6:51 pm on Apr 6, 2018
Does anyone remember when carry-out chicken chow mein consisted of veggies in a white sauce with some shredded chicken on top of the container, a small container of rice and a bag of crispy noodles? No soft noodles. My Dad used to bring it home all the time, and we loved it. Wish I could find a recipe for it again.
"A brandy for the Chef!"
Other messages in this thread:
- 30211. Is there a name for what I call Canadian Chicken Chow Mein? - oli - 11:35pm on 04/05/18 (16)
- This recipe comes close, I think. Very little veggies. Lots of noodles and sesame oil. [NT] [LINK] - Michael in Phoenix - 11:57pm on 04/05/18
- Thanks, but not it. The chicken is shredded and I think it was all dark meat, but not positive [NT] - oli - 12:26am on 04/06/18
- Here's one using thighs. Since you want shredded, simmer them until done and - Charley - 10:46am on 04/06/18
- oli, I remember Chicken Chow Mein from childhood in New York and what I ate was [LINK] - GayR - 11:38am on 04/06/18
- Here is a wonderful article..... [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 12:06pm on 04/06/18
- Thanks for that article link. [NT] - oli - 3:17pm on 04/06/18
- Very welcome [NT] - GayR - 6:40pm on 04/06/18
- You are genius, Gay. [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:19pm on 04/06/18
- Marilyn, so are you and so much more.......thank you...... [NT] - GayR - 12:22am on 04/07/18
- Chicken Chow Mein - Marianne - 6:51pm on 04/06/18
- So far not the one I am looking for, maybe someone for that time period and location will reminisce - oli - 1:12am on 04/07/18
- My experience... - Richard in Cincy - 2:22am on 04/07/18
- Hah! Indeed. [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 7:01pm on 04/08/18
- That was absolute authentic real down-home Chinese food country then. It still - Marg CDN2 - 7:06pm on 04/08/18
- I remember that once we ordered take out and the chow mein was the same as going downtown into Vanco - oli - 12:43am on 04/09/18
- The Chinese food on the island now makes it worth the trip to VAN [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 4:29am on 04/09/18