Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
What fun! Angie was brilliant with facinator hats. If it's evening, I'd go for full English
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30213 at 11:16 pm on Apr 6, 2018
tea and include small sandwiches as well as pastries. That way your guests would have something beside sugar. But then you could blend that with Hollywood nosh, like sushi or California brunch foods.
Speaking of weddings, I was in London in late 2010 and we were on a small private tour at Westminster Cathedral. Our verger/guide was a bit of gossip and kept dropping hints about wedding plans and finally said: "well, you just can't put on a royal wedding with 6 months notice. We've been planning it for over a year!"
This was 3 weeks before William "supposedly" popped the question to Kate and formally announced their engagement.
I heard the news before the National Enquirer!
PS: I hope no state secrets affecting the safety of the United Kingdom are even spoken in the presence of that verger.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30213. Debating about hosting my tea group for a party for the Harry and Meghan wedding. I need to look - barb_b - 9:19pm on 04/06/18 (14)
- What fun! Angie was brilliant with facinator hats. If it's evening, I'd go for full English - MarilynFL - 11:16pm on 04/06/18
- Don't they know that... - Richard in Cincy - 1:25am on 04/07/18
- Well, if you want to copy the wedding cake >> [NT] [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 7:22am on 04/07/18
- There is also this recipe: The royal wedding cake QEll fav cake/Wills wedding cake [NT] [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 7:28am on 04/07/18
- I've made William's Groom cake. It was like one big candy bar. [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:57pm on 04/07/18
- Have fun!!! - MariaDNoCA - 7:31am on 04/07/18
- Wow!!! I am so sheltered in the 'Nati... - Richard in Cincy - 12:38am on 04/08/18
- Thanks for the ideas~! I am mulling this party over.... [NT] - barb_b - 6:34pm on 04/07/18
- Barb, I just made British Cherry Bakewell Tarts for the first time, and... [IMAGE] - Richard in Cincy - 2:38am on 04/08/18
- I did add a bit more liquid to the crust. It was rather dry and crumbly. I added 2 tlbs of water. [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 3:43am on 04/08/18
- oh my Lord, Barb! Just KIDNAP Richard until the wedding! [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:32pm on 04/08/18
- I am always in awe of the effort that you put into your presentations. They are truly - Marg CDN2 - 7:30pm on 04/08/18
- here's the menu from the famous Empress Hotel just around the corner. It's one of the [LINK] - Marg CDN2 - 6:54pm on 04/08/18
- We did that! Only it was $50 a person then. [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:21pm on 04/08/18