Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
There is also broadway.tix.com if you want to plan ahead a bit...
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30215 at 11:27 pm on Apr 7, 2018
currently showing $39 tix for Hello Dolly (Bernadette Peters) and Carousel (Renee Fleming) the first week of May.
We got tix for Boys in the Band, Dear Evan Hansen, and The Band's Visit-- 6 tix for $300. Which is a mid-range single ticket price for Evan at the box.
But of course the BIG event that week is the mighty Bavarian Radio Symphony (one of the top-5 orchestras in the world) at Carnegie and the London Symphony at Avery Fisher/Lincoln Center playing Mahler Symphonies 7,9.10 and Das Lied von der Erde. I have chills in anticipation. I snagged front row tix for Bavarian Radio Symphony in First Tier Box at Carnegie for $65!!!!
It will be another birthday in Gotham to remember. My last NYC birthday celebration was for a week of the complete "Der Ring des Nibelungen" at the MET. It will be hard to top that, but this trip is shaping up rather nicely.
And we haven't even scheduled our NYC Afternoon Tea yet. Trying to decide where to go. Mandarin Oriental is so spectacular with the view over Central Park and Midtown from the 35th floor Aviary Lounge (and those Candied Ginger Scones with the house Cherry Jam and Devonshire Cream!). But the Ritz Carlton on Central Park South is so Downton Abbey with their wood paneled Edwardian Drawing Room and Limoges China...But then, we haven't had tea at the Baccarat Crystal Grand Salon yet...Decisions, decisions...
Other messages in this thread:
- 30215. Attention NYC lunch bunch - Richard in Cincy - 12:16am on 04/07/18 (16)
- I'm in! Please think about what I can carry back on the plane. I'm staying at the Lexington - MarilynFL - 6:08pm on 04/07/18
- ...and bummer aside, Sara Bareilles is coming back to Waitress on MAY 8th. Damn. [NT] - MarilynFL - 6:10pm on 04/07/18
- You just need to stay longer! You should check out how to get lottery tickets to broadway shows. - barb_b - 6:30pm on 04/07/18
- There is also broadway.tix.com if you want to plan ahead a bit... - Richard in Cincy - 11:27pm on 04/07/18
- Delta just sent me email. They've bumped up my departure to 5:00 PM - MarilynFL - 8:18pm on 04/07/18
- If we're going to be in Bronx, should I just go to LaGuardia from there? Rather than - MarilynFL - 8:22pm on 04/07/18
- We'll be in da Bronx... - Richard in Cincy - 10:54pm on 04/07/18
- Oh! That's doable! I was looking at map and figured I'd end up on Ricker's Island with my luck. [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:57pm on 04/07/18
- I'd LOVE to; I will be a last minute thing; as I would need to rely on Kid carpool, and too early - barb_b - 6:33pm on 04/07/18
- Barb, if Midtown Chinese is a definite and Bronx Arthur Ave is iffy... - Richard in Cincy - 10:57pm on 04/07/18
- I may need to vote on Chinese in midtown as well now that Delta has changed my timing. [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:19pm on 04/07/18
- OK. Arthur Avenue would be epic (and the stories we could tell), but... - Richard in Cincy - 11:59pm on 04/07/18
- Ok, got it. Thanks. :) [NT] - ErininNY - 2:19am on 04/09/18
- Just so this doesn't get lost: Original Plan in Effect!!! - Richard in Cincy - 2:52am on 04/08/18
- Cyn! Can you join us? [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 3:07am on 04/08/18
- Oh, I wish I could. Love Arthur Ave, Chinatown and Little Italy! Eat a cannoli for me! - CynUpstateNY - 5:07pm on 04/09/18