Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I swear I made these back in the 70s, but Julia cut them a different way...much more
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30217 at 2:57 pm on Apr 9, 2018
difficult that just slicing on a mandoline. This video makes it look really easy...especially since Jacques says you can do the prep 12 hours ahead. So it's just like par-cooking french fries so they get a great crisp on the second frying. But in this case, it's triple frying.
Although shaking that hot oil looked seriously dangerous.
Or am I hallucinating? I seem to recall Julia used a paring knife and cut them into small football size pieces. Or is that a different potato dish?
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30217. I was going to post earlier: "What's for Dinner"???? - Richard in Cincy - 3:58am on 04/08/18 (21)
- I've been craving duck lately... - judy-mass - 1:15pm on 04/08/18
- Yes, they are thin slices that go through two fat baths and they puff up into - Richard in Cincy - 2:07pm on 04/08/18
- I swear I made these back in the 70s, but Julia cut them a different way...much more [LINK] - MarilynFL - 2:57pm on 04/09/18
- different. That is her classic sauteed potatoes which is the house recipe here. [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 2:36pm on 04/13/18
- Fennely, lemony, garlicy pork w/ collards & provolone on Portuguese bun. - MarilynFL - 1:36pm on 04/08/18
- Sounds divine! M, how are you cooking your collards? - colleenmomof2 - 2:05pm on 04/08/18
- I made these by walking into Luella's barbeque and buying a quart. [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:20pm on 04/08/18
- smart lady. Your house won't smell the same for a week if you cook them. [NT] - Janet in NC - 8:45pm on 04/08/18
- Spaghetti Squash with homemade red sauce and Italian sausage - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:30pm on 04/08/18
- Condensed milk? - judy-mass - 6:31pm on 04/08/18
- Oh duh. I meant evaporated milk. It was too early in the morning and no coffee yet when I posted. [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 8:53pm on 04/08/18
- Thanks. I thought that might have been the case. [NT] - judy-mass - 2:35pm on 04/10/18
- Simple: Steak; the store said it was from a Wagyu Cow. . . - mistral - 5:08pm on 04/08/18
- Old school here. Classic chicken tetrazzini [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 12:18am on 04/09/18
- Crisp Pork Cutlets with Lemon-Caper Sauce, Spring asparagus and Crispy Smashed Roasted Potatoes - Pat-NoCal - 3:09pm on 04/09/18
- These are the Crispy Smashed Roasted Potatoes. Used Yukon Golds this time. [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 3:11pm on 04/09/18
- Oh yum. Gonna make these for DH. [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:41pm on 04/09/18
- Super-fast birthday dinner: steak (4 min. on each side in oven-hot cast iron pan), asparagus, frites - ErininNY - 2:51am on 04/10/18
- Love using hot iron skillet for sear & finish in oven. Perfect crust every time. - MarilynFL - 6:54pm on 04/10/18
- I like the idea of peanut oil, though we usually don't have any around. I used butter, thyme, garlic - ErininNY - 2:17am on 04/12/18
- Firecracker Shrimp, sauteed greens with chile garlic sauce. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 6:54pm on 04/13/18