Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
What is really amazing is that the Beef Stroganoff was $3.85 at
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30232 at 6:22 pm on Apr 14, 2018
the ritziest joint in Vienna. Try $85 today. $4 for .35 oz. of Iranian caviar!!!
I know the prices were cheaper back then, but with the breathtaking inflation that was introduced with the conversion of the Euro, prices in Europe now are absolutely obscene compared to what they used to be in the halcyon pre-Euro days.
I've been looking at menus for restaurants in Vienna making plans for a future trip and I just cannot believe the prices now. $6-8 for a cup of coffee, $8-10 for a half liter of beer, absolute thievery. When I was a student in 1983, a half liter of beer was $.50. According to the inflation calculator, that would be $2.90 in today's dollars. Somebody's getting rich.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30232. Some fun things to look at...Video making a Viennese Coffee Cream Tort: [LINK] - Richard in Cincy - 6:06pm on 04/14/18 (5)
- The amazing menu collection at the NYPL [LINK] - Richard in Cincy - 6:08pm on 04/14/18
- What is really amazing is that the Beef Stroganoff was $3.85 at - Richard in Cincy - 6:22pm on 04/14/18
- Richard, was it crumbs or ground nuts she put in the cake layer? [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 11:10pm on 04/15/18
- To the egg whites... - Richard in Cincy - 1:44pm on 04/16/18
- I was also amused that there was no "gingerly" folding. She was not babying the eggs - Melissa Dallas - 11:39pm on 04/16/18