Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I've always used my OLD bread pans, which are 9x5. I picked up some 8x4 (remember, I asked how to
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30235 at 9:16 pm on Apr 15, 2018
clean them) at the thrift shop, hoping that might help.
But it wouldn't explain why my original pans always worked before.
You know, I just realized that I've gotten much more anal about weighing out and measuring accurately. I wonder if I was always putting in more flour and less bananas. Because back then I put in whatever bananas I had that were close to the recipe. Now I weight and ONLY use what the recipe specifies. hmmmm, this could be a test.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30235. Where has my banana bread *bump & crack* gone??? - MarilynFL - 1:33am on 04/15/18 (8)
- Weird. Is it humidity? Oven temp? It seems it should be the baking powder/soda. I got nuttin. [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 7:40am on 04/15/18
- I have been checking my oven temp. It's spot on, but takes 10 minutes PAST the little ding it gives - MarilynFL - 4:04pm on 04/15/18
- I’d try preheating your oven even longer… - MariaDNoCA - 8:04pm on 04/15/18
- I've always used my OLD bread pans, which are 9x5. I picked up some 8x4 (remember, I asked how to - MarilynFL - 9:16pm on 04/15/18
- Yes, I was wondering if you were using the new old pans — but scoop and swipe could make a differenc [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 9:44pm on 04/15/18
- Mix it too much? [NT] - Charley - 10:10am on 04/15/18
- Don't think it's that. I usually beat the sugar/fat, then add banana, then fold in flour mix. - MarilynFL - 4:05pm on 04/15/18
- This is what I was going to say. I am envious of your ability to consistenly get . . . - mistral - 5:19pm on 04/15/18