Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Try again: Tried OxyClean Max, worked really well on an old, washe/dried oil stain. . .
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Posted to Thread #30238 at 1:43 am on Apr 17, 2018
this stain had been in a cotton shirt of mine for a while. Sprayed it with the OxyClean Max and let sit for overnight. When washed, the stain disappeared. I had tried other stuff on that stain that did not work also!
I have taken dryer melted crayon stains out of cotton/poly fabric by spraying the spots with WD40 and then rubbing straight Dawn Detergent in. Worked fantastically well.
On stains that have not been washed, oily stains, I have been rubbing soft bar hand soap from the bathroom on the stains and it takes them out well. This is also convenient as I usually undress in the bathroom so the soap is right there. I rub it in with the edge of the soap bar and toss in the clothes hamper. Been working for me!
A Proud "Master Food Preserver San Bernardino County" since 1996!
Other messages in this thread:
- 30238. NFR: How to clean a tablecloth - oli - 4:33pm on 04/16/18 (18)
- Use oxy clean. Yes it is effective. - Charley - 4:51pm on 04/16/18
- I use Shout on my tablecloths, placemats, for grease stains, tomato sauce, - KarenNoCA - 5:24pm on 04/16/18
- I use Alberto VO5 shampoo on anything greasy. Works every time. [NT] - MarilynFL - 8:14pm on 04/16/18
- Dawn for me - same concept for grease stains [NT] - cheezz - 9:00pm on 04/16/18
- hey missy, have you ever made ATK's version of cake balls? They don't use icing. [LINK] - MarilynFL - 10:24pm on 04/16/18
- Thanks for this Marilyn! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 10:33am on 04/17/18
- You're welcome, Deb. For the record, I don't believe chocolate chips melt thin - MarilynFL - 2:13pm on 04/17/18
- I agree with you on all counts! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 3:14pm on 04/17/18
- Definitely Dawn for bad grease. Nothing better. [NT] - Charley - 11:56pm on 04/16/18
- Alberto V05 Boy does that bring back a memory and not a good one! - Music City Missy - 3:49pm on 05/20/18
- I have tried the OxyClean Max spray-on stuff. orked VERY well on an old, wa [NT] - mistral - 1:36am on 04/17/18
- Try again: Tried OxyClean Max, worked really well on an old, washe/dried oil stain. . . - mistral - 1:43am on 04/17/18
- I had a smooth white cotton cardigan sweater in luggage that the TSA saw fit to inspect. - Charley - 11:07am on 04/17/18
- You do need to be careful. I ate holes in a linen tablecloth trying Oxy over and over again. - MarilynFL - 2:06pm on 04/17/18
- Yes, that is also true of straight Clorox which I would never put on something. - Charley - 2:58pm on 04/17/18
- Lemon juice: I got good results once on a mystery stain on an old white tablecloth. . . - mistral - 4:07pm on 04/17/18
- I know. That is the really "classic" way to clean antique linens--lemon juice and then put - Charley - 8:28pm on 04/17/18
- Used OxyClean Max on a purple cotton t-shirt, Only stain was gone, did not affect shirt.(nt) [NT] - mistral - 4:10pm on 04/17/18