Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Better to get a jar of dried rosemary or use tough fresh leaves from my potted plant?
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #30242 at 8:20 pm on Apr 18, 2018
I feel better about going to the fresh plant but no matter how finely I mince the leaves, they seems hard and obtrusive in cooked dishes. What do you do?
Other messages in this thread:
- 30242. Better to get a jar of dried rosemary or use tough fresh leaves from my potted plant? - Anna_X - 8:20pm on 04/18/18 (8)
- "It's rosemary"!! I am usually using it in a marinade so it softens. i think fresh is - Charley - 8:57pm on 04/18/18
- Have you tried mashing it in a mortar or suribachi? - judy-mass - 10:00pm on 04/18/18
- I've never liked dried. Using fresh stalks in a chicken was an epiphany to me. - MarilynFL - 10:16pm on 04/18/18
- Ditto what Marilyn said [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 10:24pm on 04/18/18
- moi aussi - Marg CDN2 - 6:13pm on 04/19/18
- I keep a pot in the solarium and pluck and cut on it all winter. - Richard in Cincy - 2:32am on 04/23/18