Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Judy-Mass, I've got a question about my small Pi pie plate of yours.
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30246 at 1:50 am on Apr 20, 2018
I want to prebake a pie crust for a coconut cream pie, but years ago I cracked a beautiful handmade bowl from a Canadian sculptor by putting it in a hot oven. I remember being shocked because I thought a high kiln firing meant it could handle basic oven heat.
You wrote something about having to bring it up to temperature first.
So...anyway, I'm a bit worried now because I'll put the crust in, then put it in the refrigerator to chill the fat and then put it into a preheated hot oven. It won't crack it, will it?? Because it will be directly going from COLD to HOT.
Will it be okay?
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30246. Judy-Mass, I've got a question about my small Pi pie plate of yours. - MarilynFL - 1:50am on 04/20/18 (6)
- Marilyn, that would not be good. - judy-mass - 12:19pm on 04/20/18
- Thanks Judy! Pi plate will remain safe...I'll use something else. [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:27pm on 04/20/18
- Judy, what do you think about using pottery in the microwave. I don't do handmade - Charley - 3:09pm on 04/20/18
- M, you were VERY SMART to pose that question! I ruined one of my nice ceramic pie plates some yrs - wigs - 1:57pm on 04/20/18