Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Marilyn, that would not be good.
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #30246 at 12:19 pm on Apr 20, 2018
Thermal shock is ceramic's worst enemy.
I recommend putting my pieces into a cold oven and heating the piece at the same time as the food.
Going right from cold to hot will certainly weaken it, if not destroy it outright.
Every good dish deserves a good pot.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30246. Judy-Mass, I've got a question about my small Pi pie plate of yours. - MarilynFL - 1:50am on 04/20/18 (6)
- Marilyn, that would not be good. - judy-mass - 12:19pm on 04/20/18
- Thanks Judy! Pi plate will remain safe...I'll use something else. [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:27pm on 04/20/18
- Judy, what do you think about using pottery in the microwave. I don't do handmade - Charley - 3:09pm on 04/20/18
- M, you were VERY SMART to pose that question! I ruined one of my nice ceramic pie plates some yrs - wigs - 1:57pm on 04/20/18