Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Best Coffee in California
Joined: Dec 31, 1969
Posted to Thread #30270 at 10:31 pm on May 3, 2018
Went out of my way today to go to Andytown Coffee in San Francisco. This was voted best coffee in California on one of those lists (Food & Wine I think). So I made a mental note to check it out next time I was in San Francisco. I get to this tiny little place on Lawton just after a herd of cyclists who were several deep out the door. Normally I want nothing to do with a line like that but best coffee in the entire state of California and I was doing an extra hour of driving for this so I toughed it out listening the guy in front of me drone on about his equipment and the various vendors he uses for his tires, saddles etc.
The young guy serving the coffee must really love the coffee because his hands were shaking big time like he'd just downed a gallon of it...
Verdict: very good coffee. I was tempted to try an espresso as well because it had such a rich color coming out of their machine but stuck with the coffee - actually got two cups anticipating really liking it and one for the road (long drive)
I think if I had to drink one every day, I give the edge to the Blue Bottle but definitely a worthy contender.
Other messages in this thread:
- Paul, I had to laugh... - judy-mass - 12:44am on 05/04/18
- Thank you for the recommendation. Will try Andytown next time in SF. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 3:14pm on 05/04/18
- OT a bit: Favorite (K-cup) Decaf - Barista Prima Coffeehouse Italian Roast - colleenmomof2 - 10:28am on 05/05/18
- oh man, I walked past Blue Bottle several times last week. Had no clue what it was. [NT] - MarilynFL - 3:18pm on 05/06/18
- didn't realize they had expanded to NYC and even Tokyo [NT] - pmassell_93 - 5:37pm on 05/06/18
- Oh neat - next time I'm out in the Sunset I will try their Taraval locations. I love Blue Bottle's - Heather_in_SF - 7:59pm on 05/09/18