Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Disagree. I bought McCormick's Garam Masala and it was a tad spicy, but perfect.
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30278 at 5:01 pm on May 9, 2018
Then I ran out and decided to make my own from two different Indian cookbook recipes and both were so hot I couldn't use them. First use ruined an entire batch of Tikka Masala.
Stupid me: I didn't bother to taste either one because the purchased version had been just spicy enough. You'd think I'd have learned from the first recipe, but no...not me.
One of my books said garam masala is a very generic spice blend and can use any combination of spices. Unfortunately, I picked ones from Hell.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30278. FINALLY - after many long years I finally made rhoward2va's Hamburger Curry and Naan - Heather_in_SF - 12:05am on 05/08/18 (13)
- In an Indian cooking class at Johnson and Wales we cooked our naan on - Charley - 2:18pm on 05/08/18
- These sound reallly good, Heather, will try soon. Thanks for posting. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 2:39pm on 05/08/18
- I added the yogurt on the top, by the way, it was more fun to mix it in... [NT] - Heather_in_SF - 4:40pm on 05/08/18
- My one and only naan attempt was an utter disaster. I think I set the bar too high - MarilynFL - 5:07pm on 05/08/18
- Naan---I use this all the time! [LINK] - Luisa_Calif - 8:13pm on 05/08/18
- Naan on the grill - Luisa_Calif - 2:07am on 05/10/18
- It's like meatloaf. Every cook has a different recipe. I got this one - rhoward2va - 8:33pm on 05/08/18
- I really really enjoyed this, and with 1 pound of GB it made enough for - Heather_in_SF - 10:52pm on 05/08/18
- Not with lamb, but I have used turkey. Funny you said that it was - rhoward2va - 11:34pm on 05/08/18
- Ahh, mine is in a tin like dry mustard and it's pretty zippy to me! Turkey, what a great idea! [NT] - Heather_in_SF - 11:58pm on 05/08/18
- I would be surprised if it was the garam masala, which, at least what I have - Charley - 2:02pm on 05/09/18
- Disagree. I bought McCormick's Garam Masala and it was a tad spicy, but perfect. - MarilynFL - 5:01pm on 05/09/18
- Then mine is from not hell, but rather a very warm place in summer - Sacramento? LOL [NT] - Heather_in_SF - 7:51pm on 05/09/18