Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I used Lactantia, unsalted butter. I have a 12 cup mini muffin tin that I use.
Joined: Feb 6, 2006
Posted to Thread #30288 at 2:15 am on May 17, 2018
I've made this recipe a few times now and I rather like it. It's not too sweet and has a strong almond flavour.
I get about 12 each time I make them.
On the site under special equipment required it says mini muffin tin.
Honestly I think a large muffin would be too much. Having said that I've eaten two mini's quite easily.
If you like almond flavour - I recommend this for something different.
I'm sorry for now I forget who else on this site first mentioned them.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30288. Breakfast cookies? Any thought or opinions on enclosed recipe? [LINK] - emtd - 3:51pm on 05/14/18 (17)
- Maybe add another egg white? [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 3:58pm on 05/14/18
- I'm wondering if the person whose didn't stay together didn't beat the egg whites long - MarilynFL - 6:18pm on 05/14/18
- Thanks - I don't have time for a failure - I think I'll make these instead. [LINK] - emtd - 9:42pm on 05/14/18
- Oh. Now I seriously want one of those. And I just had one perfect poached egg & one disasterously - MarilynFL - 3:10pm on 05/15/18
- Another question: I can't fathom the quantity for these. Recipe states 12-15 - MarilynFL - 3:15pm on 05/15/18
- My mini-muffin pans are for 12 so it would take 2. [NT] - Charley - 3:18pm on 05/15/18
- So the recipe is actually for 12 full-size...things? I've never seen mini-pans that - MarilynFL - 3:38pm on 05/15/18
- Well, I just looked at mine and I used to have a stack of them before I moved--12 minis. - Charley - 4:10pm on 05/15/18
- Yes. I see where it calls for mini pans, but the recipe amt at the top says 12-15. - MarilynFL - 8:52pm on 05/15/18
- I'm not sure what I'm missing--it says 12-15 and the directions indicate that - Charley - 10:16am on 05/16/18
- Leite's calls for 2 mini-pans (smaller pan is 12, so it makes 24, right?) but - MarilynFL - 12:48pm on 05/16/18
- One pan will have 12 in it and the other will only have 3. You will be able to - Charley - 3:18pm on 05/16/18
- I used Lactantia, unsalted butter. I have a 12 cup mini muffin tin that I use. - emtd - 2:15am on 05/17/18
- A large muffin wouldn't be "in keeping" with the classic size of a financier, - Charley - 10:48am on 05/17/18
- Thanks for the update and all the clarifications. This sounds like a library treat...I'll double - MarilynFL - 1:01pm on 05/17/18
- [NT] - GayR - 6:46pm on 05/14/18
- Have you ever tried Margaret Fox's Breakfast Cookies? from Cafe Beaujolais - Heather_in_SF - 6:27pm on 06/28/18