Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Michael in Phoenix||
Marilyn, that salsa you had is a variation on a simple salsa that is common on street tacos...
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #30284 at 5:02 pm on May 17, 2018
...here in the southwest.
An even simpler version is made with chopped white onion, cilantro, lime juice and salt.
Variations are endless. We do diced fresh tomato, white onion, cilantro, lime juice and diced avocado. Super good!
Human liberty is about courage, dignity, eternal truths, and personal responsibility. Star Parker
Other messages in this thread:
- 30284. Had an extra 8 pound pork shoulder that needed using up. Made an old favorite. - Michael in Phoenix - 10:53pm on 05/12/18 (16)
- Oh yum Michael. This looks wonderful. [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 10:57pm on 05/13/18
- It's very good, Cathy. One of my top 10 favorite swap recipes. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 1:31pm on 05/16/18
- I love this recipe too. Definitely a keeper. Also, don't forget about Sandra's Machaca (link) [NT] [LINK] - Richard in Cincy - 3:33pm on 05/21/18
- So, in a moment of hunger (as always when in a store) I picked up a 3 pound ROASTED - MarilynFL - 1:28am on 05/14/18
- No Anaheim's to be found...going with poblano. [NT] - MarilynFL - 8:45pm on 05/14/18
- Another good way to do this in a pinch is to use 505 Hatch Green Chile in a jar. - Michael in Phoenix - 3:00pm on 05/15/18
- For the 505 brand, we only like the pure green chile, not their green chile salsa, etc. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 3:50pm on 05/15/18
- well, THAT definitely worked. I ended up using 2 fresh poblano (roasted and peeled) and 3 whole - MarilynFL - 1:03pm on 05/16/18
- Can I make this without cilantro? - Pam - 7:18pm on 05/16/18
- Hi Pam...well, since my cilantro was way in the back of my refrigerator and was almost [LINK] - MarilynFL - 12:06am on 05/17/18
- Michael, please weigh in on this since I didn't follow the recipe, just the concept. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:17am on 05/17/18
- No tortilla press? - Pam - 3:15pm on 05/17/18
- I've eaten at the Old Town Mexican Cafe several times. It is quite popular, and in since... - Michael in Phoenix - 5:00pm on 05/17/18
- Marilyn, that salsa you had is a variation on a simple salsa that is common on street tacos... - Michael in Phoenix - 5:02pm on 05/17/18
- A tsp? Tablespoon? [NT] - Pam - 6:16pm on 05/18/18