Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
Cyn, it got better from there...
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30291 at 12:24 am on May 21, 2018
When I submitted my resignation, they tried to do the last minute "don't make us be fair" routine. They met "my salary demand to be equal".
I said but you are too late. My new job makes $5000 more dollars than Mr. Z.
They adjourned and came back. OK. We'll raise your salary $10K.
No, you don't understand. My new employer (notice I said my new employer) is giving me more than this salary. If you want to entice me, you need to come up with more money.
They were aghast . I took my expertise and I walked out the door.
This is the lesson I learned early on. When you don't like your salary. You walk.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30291. The things one knows and then finds out there are other ways... - Richard in Cincy - 7:07pm on 05/18/18 (13)
- TX v NM v AZ v CA Mexican food. Same dish made very differently in each region [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 1:33am on 05/19/18
- I want to know how? BTW - Richard in Cincy - 5:32am on 05/19/18
- I'll have to think of the best example - Melissa Dallas - 1:26pm on 05/19/18
- Also fun, Royal Sweets - Melissa Dallas - 1:33pm on 05/19/18
- Even Sari Shops if you know someone who wants one (or gorgeous fabric) [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 1:41pm on 05/19/18
- hmm...stuffed cabbage comes to mind. I have Ukrainian, Serbian, Polish and German - MarilynFL - 1:18pm on 05/19/18
- I thought of stuffed cabbage, too. My grandmother's version has a ton of salt pork and no tomatoes [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 7:08pm on 05/19/18
- Fun! What was the cooking sauce? [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:49pm on 05/19/18
- None! A little water in the bottom and the liquid and crunchies from the salt pork. Fatty and - CynUpstateNY - 6:43pm on 05/20/18
- The Hungarian version I've had - Richard in Cincy - 9:10pm on 05/19/18