Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
The train trip?? We did that, only it went to Banff and back.
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30301 at 3:40 pm on May 28, 2018
I was NOT happy with our trip.
First, most of our railroad car views were blocked by tall trees and only then do they tell you they aren't allowed to cut down trees for stability reasons. Most the photos from the catalogs are overhead so we were definitely driving past gorgeous scenery...just couldn't see most of it.
Second, and this really ticked me off: We were NOT told you could get off the train and stop for a day or so and then get on a later train. So we would arrive in a town at 6:00 PM (when it was already dark), get our hotel room, have dinner and leave the next morning. That's ALL I got to see of Kamloops and Banff and Jasper. Bupkiss!
One 15 minute stop at Lake Louise.
I'd go back there again, but do it another way.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30301. suggestions for Vancouver, Canada? - Anna_X - 4:49am on 05/23/18 (24)
- No restaurant suggestions, but some places to go... - judy-mass - 11:15am on 05/23/18
- Granville sounds perfect. I have to look up QE park. [NT] - Anna_X - 4:43am on 05/28/18
- Vij's Indian. [NT] - Charley - 10:12pm on 05/23/18
- I looked it up. Sounds so good. Thanks! [NT] - Anna_X - 4:54am on 05/28/18
- Yes. What a treat for you. Too bad you won't be on my exquisite island. - Marg CDN2 - 5:46am on 05/24/18
- I'm thinking Butchart Gardens are just a boat-ride away. We went back to VI for 3 weeks after - MarilynFL - 11:53am on 05/24/18
- Marg and Marilyn, we visited V Island years ago... - Anna_X - 4:52am on 05/28/18
- Loved Tofino! Stayed at the Wick Inn, Long Beach Inn & Sooke Harbour. I'd go back in a heart beat - MarilynFL - 3:43pm on 05/28/18
- The Wick looks very nice and upscale. We stayed at Middle Beach Lodge, old, adults only, rustic! [NT] - Anna_X - 6:46pm on 05/28/18
- I camped on the beach in Tofino in 1970. Woke up in the morning to the roar of the waves and the - Marg CDN2 - 2:53am on 05/29/18
- If you go to Whistler I have lots of restaurant recommendations there, I used to go there every year [NT] - Heather_in_SF - 6:48pm on 05/24/18
- The scenic road was closed when we were there. Broke my heart. - MarilynFL - 7:13pm on 05/25/18
- Hi Marilyn, when hubby and I were traveling in our RV, we would get suggestions from others, - KarenNoCA - 1:56am on 05/27/18
- That is awful, on both counts! [NT] - Heather_in_SF - 10:35pm on 05/31/18
- our Rocky Mountaineer trip stops for a night and a day in Whistler. Sounds beautiful. [NT] - Anna_X - 4:59am on 05/28/18
- The train trip?? We did that, only it went to Banff and back. - MarilynFL - 3:40pm on 05/28/18
- We chose a trip that gives us a full day in Banff, Jasper, + Lake Louise - Anna_X - 6:43pm on 05/28/18
- That sounds much better. Maybe they listened to complaints from earlier trips. We - MarilynFL - 1:03am on 05/30/18
- I've been wanting to do that trip. It is world-reknown. It is such spectacular beauty along there. [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 2:48am on 05/29/18
- Yaletown has fun places, Minute and Blue Water Cafe are great high-end places... - Heather_in_SF - 6:47pm on 05/24/18
- Thank you very much for your suggestions. I'm going to have a great time there! [NT] - Anna_X - 5:01am on 05/28/18
- Blue Water Cafe? Is that along a warehouse strip? Seafood? I think we went there! [NT] - MarilynFL - 3:50pm on 05/28/18
- The largest Chinatown in North America is in Richmond--just outside Vancouver. Worth a stop. - Traca - 7:41am on 06/02/18
- Not enough time this trip but good to know, thanks. [NT] - Anna_X - 6:51pm on 07/12/18