Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Corn flour is cornstarch.
Joined: Aug 15, 2007
Posted to Thread #30312 at 1:11 pm on May 30, 2018
Corn flour and cornstarch are the same thing. They are used for thickening agents. Corn flour is a powdery agent made from corn and comes in white and yellow colour. ... In the United States, people call it as corn starch and in the United Kingdom; it is called as corn flour.
Do you have Aldi's up in Asheville? They have flax seek
Can you make flaxseed meal?
Give the seeds a quick blend Starting at Variable Speed 1, Working your way quickly to Variable Sped 10, and on to High. After you start to see the Flax Seeds crush into meal, stop the VitaMix and give the Flax a quick stir with the blunt edge of a knife or spatula.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30312. *^#$^&&^^% [insert swear word of choice]. While in NYC, I tried a few items from Milk Bar, - MarilynFL - 1:07pm on 05/30/18 (19)
- Corn flour is cornstarch. - Charley - 1:11pm on 05/30/18
- No. I don't believe so. Per *Bob's Red Mill Organic Whole Grain Corn Flour, Stone Ground* - MarilynFL - 1:18pm on 05/30/18
- Marilyn is correct - [LINK] - desertculinary - 11:40pm on 05/30/18
- It depends on where you come from. Where I come from, originally, ... - Lana in FL - 12:30am on 05/31/18
- I don't see any of nlb's RECs posted here. Could U add those corn muffins, pls, Lana? TIA [NT] - wigs - 3:53pm on 05/31/18
- If you use NLB as the subject to search on this site, there are several recipes posted by others. [NT] - Curious1 - 6:46pm on 05/31/18
- We lost a boatload of Gail's recipes when they shut down the site before they could get to Finer - MarilynFL - 12:02am on 06/01/18
- Brilliant suggestion, Curious1! TY. I was merely putting "nlb" in the Userid line & got nada. I - wigs - 1:52pm on 06/01/18
- REC nlb's corn muffins - Lana in FL - 9:28pm on 05/31/18
- Oh...lots of butter and sugar. ymmm. nlb would be shot in NC too. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:03am on 06/01/18
- Yes, she said that the sugar could be omitted, but she liked it. [NT] - Lana in FL - 12:12am on 06/01/18
- Thank you for posting the REC, Lana in FL! [NT] - wigs - 1:54pm on 06/01/18
- You're so welcome! [NT] - Lana in FL - 12:16am on 06/03/18
- I do stand corrected and this sounds SO much more correct. - Charley - 7:42pm on 05/31/18
- You can make your own corn flour by grinding cornmeal into a fine powder in a food processor. Did it - Pat-NoCal - 11:37pm on 05/31/18
- I thought of doing that using my grits, but the store had a bag of the stuff. - MarilynFL - 12:10am on 06/01/18
- Her corn cookies I made - we loved them [LINK] - deb-in-MI - 1:24pm on 05/30/18
- Um,,, I meant - here is the recipe of hers I used for the corn cookies [NT] - deb-in-MI - 5:21pm on 05/30/18
- Danke, Deb. Yours must have been the recipe I remembered with both corns. - MarilynFL - 6:09pm on 05/31/18