Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
No. I don't believe so. Per *Bob's Red Mill Organic Whole Grain Corn Flour, Stone Ground*
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30312 at 1:18 pm on May 30, 2018
that I'm holding in my hand, ingredients are: Whole Grain Organic Corn. They recommend using it in place of cornmeal for certain recipes.
From Bob's Red Mill site, their Premium Cornstarch is a "dense powder made from the endosperm portion of the corn kernel. Use it as a thickener for pies or sauces, or as an ingredient in gluten free baking."
So, cornstarch is only a portion of the corn grain. Corn flour uses the whole grain.
I think a recipe using cornstarch instead of corn flour would NOT turn out well.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30312. *^#$^&&^^% [insert swear word of choice]. While in NYC, I tried a few items from Milk Bar, - MarilynFL - 1:07pm on 05/30/18 (19)
- Corn flour is cornstarch. - Charley - 1:11pm on 05/30/18
- No. I don't believe so. Per *Bob's Red Mill Organic Whole Grain Corn Flour, Stone Ground* - MarilynFL - 1:18pm on 05/30/18
- Marilyn is correct - [LINK] - desertculinary - 11:40pm on 05/30/18
- It depends on where you come from. Where I come from, originally, ... - Lana in FL - 12:30am on 05/31/18
- I don't see any of nlb's RECs posted here. Could U add those corn muffins, pls, Lana? TIA [NT] - wigs - 3:53pm on 05/31/18
- If you use NLB as the subject to search on this site, there are several recipes posted by others. [NT] - Curious1 - 6:46pm on 05/31/18
- We lost a boatload of Gail's recipes when they shut down the site before they could get to Finer - MarilynFL - 12:02am on 06/01/18
- Brilliant suggestion, Curious1! TY. I was merely putting "nlb" in the Userid line & got nada. I - wigs - 1:52pm on 06/01/18
- REC nlb's corn muffins - Lana in FL - 9:28pm on 05/31/18
- Oh...lots of butter and sugar. ymmm. nlb would be shot in NC too. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:03am on 06/01/18
- Yes, she said that the sugar could be omitted, but she liked it. [NT] - Lana in FL - 12:12am on 06/01/18
- Thank you for posting the REC, Lana in FL! [NT] - wigs - 1:54pm on 06/01/18
- You're so welcome! [NT] - Lana in FL - 12:16am on 06/03/18
- I do stand corrected and this sounds SO much more correct. - Charley - 7:42pm on 05/31/18
- You can make your own corn flour by grinding cornmeal into a fine powder in a food processor. Did it - Pat-NoCal - 11:37pm on 05/31/18
- I thought of doing that using my grits, but the store had a bag of the stuff. - MarilynFL - 12:10am on 06/01/18
- Her corn cookies I made - we loved them [LINK] - deb-in-MI - 1:24pm on 05/30/18
- Um,,, I meant - here is the recipe of hers I used for the corn cookies [NT] - deb-in-MI - 5:21pm on 05/30/18
- Danke, Deb. Yours must have been the recipe I remembered with both corns. - MarilynFL - 6:09pm on 05/31/18