Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Michael in Phoenix||
Couldn't agree more. Unless we attract new blood AND keep know-it-all bullies...
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #30310 at 4:47 pm on May 30, 2018
...from coloring the forum with their own brand of googledge, we won't see growth, high activity, etc.
At Epi we suffered through a lack of moderation and the eventual destruction of a searchable database containing thousands of user-posted recipes, advice, techniques, menus, etc. It was difficult and, eventually, sad.
BUT, we did have a lot more traffic at Epi, since obviously the entire site and THEIR recipe database attracted tons of traffic. Some of that traffic clicked on the "Recipe Swap" link, and a handful became regular participants. A ton became "lurkers" who didn't post, but read the forum regularly.
I appreciate the fact that we have been able to stay somewhat intact, and Mimi and Paul are my heroes.
Human liberty is about courage, dignity, eternal truths, and personal responsibility. Star Parker
Other messages in this thread:
- 30310. We can do better. - Richard in Cincy - 2:56am on 05/30/18 (24)
- I agree. We can make this easier for Paul to maintain with newer code. Just sent Paul some coffee! - MarilynFL - 12:34pm on 05/30/18
- I wonder if this is caused by the format or the fact that so many posters have left? [NT] - Janet in NC - 12:49pm on 05/30/18
- Richard in Cincy meet deb-in-MI ! [NT] - pmassell_93 - 2:33pm on 05/30/18
- :) [NT] - deb-in-MI - 2:57pm on 05/30/18
- I agree Richard. And Janet, good question with several answers to it - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:41pm on 05/30/18
- Couldn't agree more. Unless we attract new blood AND keep know-it-all bullies... - Michael in Phoenix - 4:47pm on 05/30/18
- Hmmm. Know-it-all bullies [NT] - colleenmomof2 - 11:54am on 06/06/18
- Been a problem since day one, IMHO. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 2:50pm on 06/06/18
- The request and someone answers with the all-knowning google... - Richard in Cincy - 1:23am on 06/08/18
- Thanks Cathy, I'm making your Mom's Pork Roast on Saturday. Not really a great idea for our hot - Janet in NC - 2:07pm on 05/31/18
- Richard, love your words... " "Love this group, but we have to shake it up"... - barb_b - 10:06pm on 05/30/18
- Thanks Barb. I'm still so sad we missed seeing you in NYC this time!!! [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 1:24am on 06/08/18
- I think we need to keep in mind that we are aging... - orchid - 10:47pm on 05/30/18
- Thanks Orchid. I don't cook like that every day either... - Richard in Cincy - 1:28am on 06/08/18
- I like popping in and have been trying to post more - I miss Susan and others who don't visit any - Heather_in_SF - 10:34pm on 05/31/18
- Yes, when I returned recently, I was quite stunned at how long posts are lasting now. - Marg CDN2 - 5:50am on 06/01/18
- Great suggestions everyone! Sometimes life intervenes ;) - colleenmomof2 - 11:37am on 06/06/18
- Maybe I'm a good example of some of this. I hope it's not the bullying and I would hope that someone - Marg CDN2 - 6:51am on 06/07/18
- Not a bully! No way! ;) - colleenmomof2 - 3:04pm on 06/10/18
- Marg, you are not in that category at all! The one of whom I speak knows who she is, and... - Michael in Phoenix - 8:10pm on 06/10/18
- I would love to be able to post pictures of food instead of having to... - Richard in Cincy - 1:31am on 06/08/18