Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Hi missy...Nestle's Carnation Evaporated Milk is 12 oz (1.5 C) in standard size.
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30320 at 6:49 pm on Jun 2, 2018
I don't know if they STILL make it, but they used to produce a small squat 5 oz can....the raison d'etre for my Dyslexic Chocolate sauce. (On the chocolate sauce recipes I was trying out, I just saw 'can of evaporated milk' and IMMEDIATELY used the large can. That wasn't what the recipe called for and many, many, many adjustments had to be made to make an edible product out of it.)
I haven't made wigs version, but I seem to recall NOT using a full can with the KYN brownies (the version using dry cake mix). Just checked and the original KYN recipe from the Colorado ski resort calls for:
1/3 cup + 1/2 cup evaporated milk-divided--
1/3 C for cake mix, then 1/2 C for caramels.
that would be less than 1.5 C (or 12 oz)
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30320. American vs. Canadian measurement advice please. - emtd - 6:39pm on 06/02/18 (8)
- Hi missy...Nestle's Carnation Evaporated Milk is 12 oz (1.5 C) in standard size. - MarilynFL - 6:49pm on 06/02/18
- WIGS....are you out there? We need clarification, please. [NT] - MarilynFL - 6:50pm on 06/02/18
- I'm here! Yes, Nestle's makes both a 5-oz size & a 12-oz can size of its Carnation Evaporated [LINK] - wigs - 1:54pm on 06/04/18
- Yikes - and this other site uses pretty much the large tin. [NT] [LINK] - emtd - 6:54pm on 06/02/18
- and this site cooks them much much longer. [NT] - emtd - 6:55pm on 06/02/18
- 3 words - Dyslexic Chocolate Sauce - colleenmomof2 - 12:10pm on 06/06/18
- Betty--Sorry! Just use 1/3 cup evaporated milk in each of the 2 parts of the recipe, i.e., - wigs - 2:22pm on 06/04/18
- Thank you - I ended up using it all and they turned out pretty good. - emtd - 3:27am on 06/05/18