Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rhubarb Sabayon or Zabaglione
Joined: Oct 13, 2010
Posted to Thread #30319 at 3:20 am on Jun 5, 2018
CHILLED RHUBARB SABAYON PARFAIT
1cup (250 ml)chopped rhubarb, fresh or frozen, thawed
1/3cup + 1 tbsp (90 ml) granulated sugar
5tbsp (80 ml)white wine, divided
3/4cup (190 ml)whipping cream
4cup (1000 ml)fresh strawberries, trimmed and quartered
Start by preparing an ice-water bath in a large bowl and set aside.
In a small saucepan over medium heat, add rhubarb, sugar and 1 tbsp (15 ml) white wine. Stir until sugar dissolves before allowing to simmer, uncovered, until rhubarb is so tender it starts to fall apart, about 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to a blender and purée until smooth.
In a large metal bowl set over a large saucepan of simmering water, combine yolks, remaining 4 tbsp (60 ml) white wine and rhubarb purée. Whisk constantly until mixture is very thick and warm and has expanded in volume, about 7 minutes. Place bowl in ice-water bath and let mixture cool completely.
In a large bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into cooled rhubarb mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 20 minutes.
To serve, layer strawberries and chilled Rhubarb Sabayon Parfait in serving bowls or martini glasses.
SUMAC RIDGE - PRIVATE RESERVE GEWURZTRAMINER 13/14
FRESITA - SPARKLING WINE INFUSED WITH STRAWBERRIES
Other messages in this thread:
- 30319. Need fool-proof [read: idiot-proof] recipe for a untried, virgin ingredient: rhubarb! - MarilynFL - 1:41pm on 06/02/18 (21)
- compote--rhubarb and sugar. cook. Spoon over ice cream. [NT] - Charley - 1:50pm on 06/02/18
- Here's a bunch.... [NT] [LINK] - orchid - 2:06pm on 06/02/18
- And this... [NT] [LINK] - orchid - 2:07pm on 06/02/18
- I should say that the recipes in these links that I posted are T&T delicious. [NT] - orchid - 5:16pm on 06/02/18
- T&T rec: Anne Dimock's Straight-Up Rhubarb Pie [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 4:19pm on 06/02/18
- Use this recipe but do half and half Rhubarb and Strawberries. Delicious. - CathyZ from Kauai - 5:21pm on 06/02/18
- Too warm...really? It grows well here in our valley, and we get up to triple digits. I know it is a - KarenNoCA - 2:07pm on 06/05/18
- I second this recipe - Pam - 7:39pm on 06/02/18
- I’m actually making this pie again today — so good! Neighbors even asked when I was making it again. [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 7:56pm on 06/02/18
- Since you mentioned shortbread - have a look [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 5:54pm on 06/02/18
- Thank you ALL! I think I may have enough to try all of these. God, I hope I don't screw this up. [NT] - MarilynFL - 6:53pm on 06/02/18
- Did you see the Rhubarb Custard Cake Marg/CDN2 shared last week? Looks realllly good to me. [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 1:36pm on 06/03/18
- Very good but I suggest using vanilla rather than lemon zest. Too much competition for acid. So easy [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 3:15am on 06/05/18
- Good tips, thanks, Marg. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 3:27am on 06/05/18
- Rhubarb Upside-Down Cake..............luv this - Marg CDN2 - 3:16am on 06/05/18
- Rhubarb Ginger Cheesecake - Marg CDN2 - 3:17am on 06/05/18
- Rhubarb Sabayon or Zabaglione - Marg CDN2 - 3:20am on 06/05/18
- Yes, I await rhubarb each spring. It is just leaving our stores now. See...there it goes. - Marg CDN2 - 3:22am on 06/05/18
- LOL. Snappin' those rhubarb stalks and shufflin' my feet, singin' "Do wah diddy diddy dum diddy do" [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 1:18pm on 06/05/18
- Yes, I think I need more sleep and less oldies station. [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 1:41pm on 06/05/18
- Nah, don't give up on the oldies...they're the BEST!!! - Pat-NoCal - 2:23pm on 06/05/18