Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Maybe I'm a good example of some of this. I hope it's not the bullying and I would hope that someone
Joined: Oct 13, 2010
Posted to Thread #30310 at 6:51 am on Jun 7, 2018
would slap me silly if I do 'seem' that way. It is so easy to be misinterpretted or for communication to go awry, I think we need to be more lenient when there is neither face-to-face nor voice-to-voice going on. But sure, I do see some of that, no big deal. I think we can just not react if we are bothered.
But my life took me away, as Colleen suggested. I just had no one to cook for any longer and felt I could not contribute to this lovely group; frankly, it was discouraging to be taken away from enjoying the kitchen. I had felt as though you were all part of my everyday culinary life. Whenever I made a beloved recipe, I always remembered who posted it. But that life changed. I have friends here now and I am doing a little cooking but have other restrictions that are limiting my culinary adventures. And it's not just the cessation of the quarterly trips to Paris. Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine.
I don't know what happened to her but it sounds as though Angie is in a new life as well.
I hope any changes would only make Paul's efforts easier, rather than representing a challenge. How is Paul doing for revenues here??
By the way, I was chuckling last night in the kitchen as I had my head in the oven thinking about Marilyn's rhubarb pie. Does anyone remember the photo Marilyn posted of her kitchen...........there was a blackboard in the background with a very personal and hilarious reminder on it? Yep, totally unrelated but funny.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30310. We can do better. - Richard in Cincy - 2:56am on 05/30/18 (24)
- I agree. We can make this easier for Paul to maintain with newer code. Just sent Paul some coffee! - MarilynFL - 12:34pm on 05/30/18
- I wonder if this is caused by the format or the fact that so many posters have left? [NT] - Janet in NC - 12:49pm on 05/30/18
- Richard in Cincy meet deb-in-MI ! [NT] - pmassell_93 - 2:33pm on 05/30/18
- :) [NT] - deb-in-MI - 2:57pm on 05/30/18
- I agree Richard. And Janet, good question with several answers to it - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:41pm on 05/30/18
- Couldn't agree more. Unless we attract new blood AND keep know-it-all bullies... - Michael in Phoenix - 4:47pm on 05/30/18
- Hmmm. Know-it-all bullies [NT] - colleenmomof2 - 11:54am on 06/06/18
- Been a problem since day one, IMHO. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 2:50pm on 06/06/18
- The request and someone answers with the all-knowning google... - Richard in Cincy - 1:23am on 06/08/18
- Thanks Cathy, I'm making your Mom's Pork Roast on Saturday. Not really a great idea for our hot - Janet in NC - 2:07pm on 05/31/18
- Richard, love your words... " "Love this group, but we have to shake it up"... - barb_b - 10:06pm on 05/30/18
- Thanks Barb. I'm still so sad we missed seeing you in NYC this time!!! [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 1:24am on 06/08/18
- I think we need to keep in mind that we are aging... - orchid - 10:47pm on 05/30/18
- Thanks Orchid. I don't cook like that every day either... - Richard in Cincy - 1:28am on 06/08/18
- I like popping in and have been trying to post more - I miss Susan and others who don't visit any - Heather_in_SF - 10:34pm on 05/31/18
- Yes, when I returned recently, I was quite stunned at how long posts are lasting now. - Marg CDN2 - 5:50am on 06/01/18
- Great suggestions everyone! Sometimes life intervenes ;) - colleenmomof2 - 11:37am on 06/06/18
- Maybe I'm a good example of some of this. I hope it's not the bullying and I would hope that someone - Marg CDN2 - 6:51am on 06/07/18
- Not a bully! No way! ;) - colleenmomof2 - 3:04pm on 06/10/18
- Marg, you are not in that category at all! The one of whom I speak knows who she is, and... - Michael in Phoenix - 8:10pm on 06/10/18
- I would love to be able to post pictures of food instead of having to... - Richard in Cincy - 1:31am on 06/08/18