Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
Thanks Orchid. I don't cook like that every day either...
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30310 at 1:28 am on Jun 8, 2018
but then, when the bug bites, I go into the kitchen for 3-4 days and start boiling stockpots of bones, vegetables, and meat to make the building block for my 19th Century dinners, starting the bread doughs to rise, and I am in love. There is nothing that can compare to that taste. I would never consider substituting store-bought salt-laden dried and powdered "bouillon" for the building basic building block of all my dinners.
But then I grew up with a German grandmother who cooked this way, so I know the difference in taste.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30310. We can do better. - Richard in Cincy - 2:56am on 05/30/18 (24)
- I agree. We can make this easier for Paul to maintain with newer code. Just sent Paul some coffee! - MarilynFL - 12:34pm on 05/30/18
- I wonder if this is caused by the format or the fact that so many posters have left? [NT] - Janet in NC - 12:49pm on 05/30/18
- Richard in Cincy meet deb-in-MI ! [NT] - pmassell_93 - 2:33pm on 05/30/18
- :) [NT] - deb-in-MI - 2:57pm on 05/30/18
- I agree Richard. And Janet, good question with several answers to it - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:41pm on 05/30/18
- Couldn't agree more. Unless we attract new blood AND keep know-it-all bullies... - Michael in Phoenix - 4:47pm on 05/30/18
- Hmmm. Know-it-all bullies [NT] - colleenmomof2 - 11:54am on 06/06/18
- Been a problem since day one, IMHO. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 2:50pm on 06/06/18
- The request and someone answers with the all-knowning google... - Richard in Cincy - 1:23am on 06/08/18
- Thanks Cathy, I'm making your Mom's Pork Roast on Saturday. Not really a great idea for our hot - Janet in NC - 2:07pm on 05/31/18
- Richard, love your words... " "Love this group, but we have to shake it up"... - barb_b - 10:06pm on 05/30/18
- Thanks Barb. I'm still so sad we missed seeing you in NYC this time!!! [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 1:24am on 06/08/18
- I think we need to keep in mind that we are aging... - orchid - 10:47pm on 05/30/18
- Thanks Orchid. I don't cook like that every day either... - Richard in Cincy - 1:28am on 06/08/18
- I like popping in and have been trying to post more - I miss Susan and others who don't visit any - Heather_in_SF - 10:34pm on 05/31/18
- Yes, when I returned recently, I was quite stunned at how long posts are lasting now. - Marg CDN2 - 5:50am on 06/01/18
- Great suggestions everyone! Sometimes life intervenes ;) - colleenmomof2 - 11:37am on 06/06/18
- Maybe I'm a good example of some of this. I hope it's not the bullying and I would hope that someone - Marg CDN2 - 6:51am on 06/07/18
- Not a bully! No way! ;) - colleenmomof2 - 3:04pm on 06/10/18
- Marg, you are not in that category at all! The one of whom I speak knows who she is, and... - Michael in Phoenix - 8:10pm on 06/10/18
- I would love to be able to post pictures of food instead of having to... - Richard in Cincy - 1:31am on 06/08/18