Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Don't want to be boring, but...rump roast. Is there a way to make it somewhat enjoyable?
Joined: Oct 13, 2010
Posted to Thread #30345 at 3:41 am on Jun 13, 2018
Not sure why I bought it; perhaps I like to punish myself. I have memories of my mom's unpleasant tough cuts.
I have no idea what to do with this. On epi, I found this 'method' of just cooking it and serving with what looks like a tolerable little caper sauce that reminds me of a gremoulade / gremolata. I like capers.
Is that as good as it gets? Does anyone have another idea for this roast's future? I'd like the freezer space but I do want to respect the meat (and the animal) and enjoy it all if possible.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30345. Don't want to be boring, but...rump roast. Is there a way to make it somewhat enjoyable? [LINK] - Marg CDN2 - 3:41am on 06/13/18 (15)
- You could sous vide it and have a lovely rare roast which sliced thin would be nice. You can - Charley - 11:49am on 06/13/18
- If I remember correctly, rump is tough and fatty and works best with braising [LINK] - KarenNoCA - 1:53pm on 06/13/18
- Yes, you need a nice long braise until you can stick a fork in it, and then that - Heather_in_SF - 5:42pm on 06/14/18
- Makes great sauerbraten [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 6:04pm on 06/13/18
- That was our *Sunday after payday* meal...I loved it, but never realized how overcooked it - MarilynFL - 7:29pm on 06/13/18
- I will mention sous vide again realizing that not everyone has one. But it has the ability - Charley - 9:02pm on 06/13/18
- Thank you. I'll be brave and do something. Maybe sauerbraten. This meat has not 1 speck of fat. Mayb - Marg CDN2 - 6:21pm on 06/14/18
- I think I should post this chermoula recipe. Wow! it works. I make it to the exact recipe. - Marg CDN2 - 6:32pm on 06/14/18
- Oh my gosh, I have EVERYTHING listed, except smoked paprika which I have bought and given - MarilynFL - 6:44pm on 06/14/18
- I believe it is Moroccan. So the paprika is typically Spanish. Use the unsmoked - Marg CDN2 - 7:07pm on 06/14/18
- I just recalled that what I don't like about some smoked p is that the smell of the - Marg CDN2 - 7:51pm on 06/14/18
- colleen shared a sample of Penzey's 4/S spice blend which has some smoked paprika. - MarilynFL - 9:29pm on 06/14/18
- Marilyn shared, too - but you all know that ;) [NT] - colleenmomof2 - 1:25pm on 06/16/18
- I hate smoked paprika, but went to a Moroccan restaurant last night and had it with - CynUpstateNY - 11:09am on 06/15/18
- There are different kinds--sweet, bittersweet and hot. Maybe you have had - Charley - 11:16am on 06/15/18