Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Lana in FL||
How about Rose Water Pudding?
Joined: Oct 9, 2007
Posted to Thread #30349 at 1:51 am on Jun 16, 2018
I have made it, and it was quite good. I'd add rosewater to taste.
Rose Water Pudding
2 cups milk
6 tbsp. cornstarch
1 tbsp. rose water
1/2 cup whipping cream
3/4 cup sugar
1/8 tsp. red food coloring
1 tbsp. roughly chopped toasted
2 tsp. shredded coconut
1. In a small bowl, whisk together 1 cup of the milk, the cornstarch, and 1/2 tbsp. of the rose water until the cornstarch dissolves completely; set cornstarch mixture aside. In a 2-qt. saucepan bring the remaining milk, the cream, and 1/2 cup sugar to a simmer over medium heat. Whisk in the reserved cornstarch mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until the pudding thickens, approximately 4 minutes. Pour the pudding into four 5-oz. serving dishes. Let the mixture cool to room temperature, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
2 Meanwhile, bring the remaining sugar and 1/4 cup of water to a boil in a 1-qt. saucepan. Stir in the remaining rose water and the food coloring to make a syrup. To serve malabi, top each pudding with the rose water syrup, the pistachios, and the coconut.
Link: Rosewater Pudding
Other messages in this thread:
- 30349. What dessert to make to go with shish kabobs and rice pilaf. [NT] - oli - 1:10am on 06/16/18 (16)
- Can you buy baklava? I find it easier to buy than make. I was also thinking fruity and Saveur [LINK] - MarilynFL - 1:49am on 06/16/18
- Mm, I love baklava, but definitely would buy it. - Lana in FL - 1:53am on 06/16/18
- How about Rose Water Pudding? [LINK] - Lana in FL - 1:51am on 06/16/18
- Will making them with beef or chx, will that make a difference in the type of dessert? [NT] - oli - 2:58am on 06/16/18
- I shouldn't think so. [NT] - Lana in FL - 2:20pm on 06/16/18
- T&T Lemon poundcake, lemon sheet cake, Betty Crocker baklava bars, rice pudding [LINK] [IMAGE] - colleenmomof2 - 12:14pm on 06/16/18
- Fattoush Salad - what I always eat for dessert after kabobs ;) - colleenmomof2 - 12:22pm on 06/16/18
- or crushed lentil soup - what Dh prefers for dessert after kabobs :-) [NT] - colleenmomof2 - 12:24pm on 06/16/18
- Lemon curd frozen yogurt w/low fat option [LINK] - colleenmomof2 - 12:36pm on 06/16/18
- This looks delicious! [NT] - Lana in FL - 2:22pm on 06/16/18
- Don't know how I missed this...looks delicious!! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 3:45pm on 06/16/18
- The ginger snap ice cream sandwiches sound lovely and - Pat-NoCal - 4:01pm on 06/16/18
- Thinking seasonally with the fruits available in the market now.. [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 3:53pm on 06/16/18
- Being summer and all, and the fact that there are so many fabulous brands of ice cream - KarenNoCA - 4:55pm on 06/16/18
- Konafa. I make it with orange blossom or rose flower water. I posted it here way back. - Marg CDN2 - 7:33pm on 06/16/18
- This might be too late but my friend Faith wrote about these beautiful Turkish puddings [LINK] - Heather_in_SF - 6:30pm on 06/21/18