Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Marg, I've never tried cedar planks, but used CI's version which is baked in the oven.
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30355 at 12:21 pm on Jun 21, 2018
Prep ahead of time:
2 oz crushed salt & pepper potato chips
2 oz crumbled and lightly toasted dense white bread (like Tuscan).
In a bowl, blend
1 part mayo
1 part Dijon mustard
bit of lemon juice
(amount depends on how big your filet is)
Turn broiler on and set racks to upper middle and lower middle.
Line pan with foil with enough overhang to lift entire filet off. Brush a bit of olive oil on the non-skin side, grind pepper and broil on upper rack for 8 min (or more depending on thickness)
Remove, brush on mayo blend, top with salty crumbs, put back into oven in the LOWER rack. Cook for another 2 minutes (until crumbs are golden). Do NOT walk away at this point. Trust me.
I've never made more than 1 pound filet (usually smaller) but we absolutely loved this recipe. If there is any leftover salmon, I would make patties out of them.
You can add spices to the crumb blend. I think they used dill which I've never had.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30355. Sockeye is out today!! Yay. Now I have no BBQ so I can't make my favourite cedar-planked, but does [LINK] - Marg CDN2 - 2:28am on 06/21/18 (9)
- Oh well. Crap. I am now so excited about this (I really am a simple person) that I am going to try - Marg CDN2 - 2:39am on 06/21/18
- It's been a while since I have had a grill, but i have done cedar plank in the oven --BUT - Charley - 10:40am on 06/21/18
- Good idea keeping the water bottle beside the oven. [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 7:32pm on 06/22/18
- Love cedar-planked salmon. I have a bunch of planks. One set is thin and one thick - KarenNoCA - 8:59pm on 06/22/18
- The planks haven't "smoked" for me. They don't need to burn to get the flavor into - Charley - 10:46am on 06/24/18
- Marg, I've never tried cedar planks, but used CI's version which is baked in the oven. - MarilynFL - 12:21pm on 06/21/18
- Oh, would that I could ever let potato chips into my home again. [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 7:32pm on 06/22/18
- Buy an individual serving size... :-) [NT] - LisainLA - 6:51am on 06/24/18
- I’ll be trying this soon with some fresh coho! [NT] - AngAk1 - 6:12am on 08/14/18