Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
In the process of making a Texas sheet cake with milk chocolate frosting, but a measurement is
Joined: Apr 13, 2006
Posted to Thread #30360 at 7:44 pm on Jun 22, 2018
missing. It says to add sour cream but not how much.
This chocolate sheet cake is made with coffee and sour cream. Included is a recipe for frosting which should be spread on the cake while it is still very warm. It is VERY rich. My daughter encouraged me to submit the recipe on-line. Hope you like it as much as we do."
1 cup hot brewed coffee
1 cup butter
5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 12x18 inch sheet pan. In a saucepan, combine coffee, 1 cup butter and 5 tablespoons cocoa. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and stir until smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine flour, white sugar, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the center and pour in eggs, sour cream and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Mix well, then beat in cocoa mixture. Spread into prepared pan.
Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Frost while still warm.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30360. In the process of making a Texas sheet cake with milk chocolate frosting, but a measurement is - oli - 7:44pm on 06/22/18 (5)
- Similar recipes that I found used - judy-mass - 7:55pm on 06/22/18
- I went with 1 cup, keeping fingers crossed to turns out. [NT] - oli - 8:19pm on 06/22/18
- This is your recipe, I think--and 1 cup was a good guess! : REC: Texas Sheet Cake VI . . . [LINK] - mistral - 8:52pm on 06/22/18
- I modified the frosting part because DW doesn't care for all the dark chocolate recipes - oli - 10:25pm on 06/22/18
- In spite of the name, I really prefer this cake made in a 9X13 pan. Just a thought. [NT] - Charley - 5:19pm on 06/23/18