Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
but if I'm freezing it, should I add the lemon juice?? Just harvested it...man, my whole kitchen
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30362 at 10:24 pm on Jun 23, 2018
smells like basil.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30362. Damn. I'm ready to make pesto with the Basil That Has Yet To Die and I have no pine nuts. - MarilynFL - 4:21pm on 06/23/18 (14)
- Guess I'd use walnuts, Marilyn. And yes, I'd cut out the big veins. [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:54pm on 06/23/18
- I would use pistachios and have--really good. I do not like walnuts in pesto at all - Charley - 5:16pm on 06/23/18
- I have used all kinds of nuts successfully. Except walnuts...allergic. Almonds work, pistachios. But - Marg CDN2 - 6:14pm on 06/23/18
- Ok but I was thinking maybe Marilyn might like walnuts. [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 7:50pm on 06/23/18
- I almost always use toasted walnuts - judy-mass - 8:27pm on 06/23/18
- well, that's definitely not a consensus. Sounds like a test to me! So I picked up - MarilynFL - 10:12pm on 06/23/18
- I do not care much for the traditional pesto, so I make my own to what I like - KarenNoCA - 10:22pm on 06/23/18
- but if I'm freezing it, should I add the lemon juice?? Just harvested it...man, my whole kitchen - MarilynFL - 10:24pm on 06/23/18
- I don't know why not. Usually I make small batches, because I am not that fond of pesto - KarenNoCA - 10:32pm on 06/23/18
- Those grilled cheese sandwiches sound delicious! Wish I had one right now. [NT] - Curious1 - 2:24pm on 06/24/18
- Basil Test [IMAGE] - MarilynFL - 3:05pm on 06/24/18
- Basil samples (untested on food as yet) [NT] [IMAGE] - MarilynFL - 3:08pm on 06/24/18
- I love your tests, your photos, and your writing....especially the brain humor. :-D [NT] - LisainLA - 6:30pm on 06/24/18
- With all of your basil, give this a look: REC: Linguine With Tomatoes & Basil - LisainLA - 6:36pm on 06/24/18